Gainward GeForce2 MX 400

G

I just bought a Gainward GeForce2 MX-400 64MB video card and installed it no problem, seems to work great, after I installed the latest Nvidia MX400 dirvers.

I saw the picture that this website had (see the recent article on the Gainward mx400 card) and it looks alot different than my card. Was wondering if that was really a picture of the Gainward card or not? For one, the picture has 2 video outputs, so it must be different. But what I was curious about was the fan that is mounted on that video card. I kinda expected a fan when I bought this card but when I opened it up I noticed there is none. Hardly even a heat sink on this card. Is this to be expected?

Thanks,
Calibis

<b><font color=orange>
"Yeah, microchips, but what... is it good for?"
</font color=orange></b>

Gog

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2001
If it's 64M you've bought the GF2 - MX 400 Jumbo, both gainward cards reviewed on THG are different versions I think you are talking about either the VIVO "Golden Sample" which has less RAM(32M) but its 4ns rather then 5.5ns that the jumbo has (reviewed in the group test) or the new version of the MX 400 with 32M of 3.5ns RAM which was in the last review. The jumbo has less room for overclocking as it's ram is much slower on the upside it's got twice as much RAM.

Look at the size of that thing!