Gainward GS heatsink- how good?

I have a Gainward Golden Sample GF4 Ti 4600 bought recently. I know these
cards are pre-overclocked slightly, and hence have decent heatsinks. How
good is the sink supplied- can I overclock more, or am I better off finding
one of those big sinks that take up an extra PCI bay? I'd rather not do
that, as I already have a PCI-bay exhaust fan below my card and would rather
not lose yet another bay to my graphics card...

--
- Martin Francis

"Two hundred channels, and nothing but cats"
- Jasper

lee

I have the Gainward golden sample ti4600 and currently got mine at 320/700
and don't have any artifacts or anything but if i attempt any higher than
this i start to see artifacts in graphics.

On Sun, 25 Apr 2004 17:15:04 +0000 (UTC), "Martin Francis"
<removethisbeforeyoureplytoMcsalty@btinternet.com> wrote:

>:>I have a Gainward Golden Sample GF4 Ti 4600 bought recently. I know these
>:>cards are pre-overclocked slightly, and hence have decent heatsinks. How
>:>good is the sink supplied- can I overclock more, or am I better off finding
>:>one of those big sinks that take up an extra PCI bay? I'd rather not do
>:>that, as I already have a PCI-bay exhaust fan below my card and would rather
>:>not lose yet another bay to my graphics card...

-----
Lee.

user

Splendid

Got mine at 325/725. Completes 3D Mark 2001 and runs virtually every game
at that speed. Only Toca Race Driver has a problem with the occasional
hang - but it is maxed out at 1600x1200 with all graphical settings full on.