[SOLVED] Galax 970 Hall of Fame issues

Aug 27, 2019
Hey all!

I recently got myself a Galax GTX 970 Hall of Fame from a friend, and I'm currently having quite a few issues with it.

The fans on the card are unresponsive to any custom fan curve I make, and the temps are quite bad (thermal throttle on 92c), to the point where I will grey-screen in games and lose signal on the image for a second or more. I think this may be a PSU issue, but I'd rather get some input on it first before I go throwing any money around.

My specs are as follows:
i7 3770
Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3H
8gb 1333Mhz RAM (2x4gb)
Huntkey GS600 PSU
CoolerMaster MB500 case with (3) 120mm RGB fans

I currently use MSI Afterburner for monitoring the card, and have reinstalled the program once, and did a fresh driver install, to no avail.
The fans on the card are also very inconsistent, going from as low as 800rpm up to the limit of 3300rpm.

Any help on the situation is greatly appreciated!
Much Love

Solution
PSU is the last component you might want to cheap out on, or skimp. Try to get some other high quality PSU, IF possible. Power supplies are an imperative part of your system that should not be taken lightly.

Throwing in a budget PSU could result in poor power efficiency or even a wrecked system.
Don't SKIMP on the PSU,, since this is the MOST important PC component. I can't stress this enough.
PSU is the last component you might want to cheap out on, or skimp. Try to get some other high quality PSU, IF possible. Power supplies are an imperative part of your system that should not be taken lightly.

Throwing in a budget PSU could result in poor power efficiency or even a wrecked system.
Don't SKIMP on the PSU,, since this is the MOST important PC component. I can't stress this enough.

Solution
Aug 27, 2019
Thanks so much. I was banking on the idea that it was the PSU. I got it for free from another friend when my last no-name 400w blew. I ran a 1050Ti off of this Huntkey for a while, and never had any issues. Not until I moved to the 970. I'll be trying to get a better performing PSU as soon as possible