Review Galax GeForce RTX 3080 Ti SG Review: Quadruple Fan Cooling

May 21, 2021
Hey great article but the only thing I was looking for was the one thing that is different with this card compared to other 3080 tis and that is cooling performance with and without the 4th fan. Is it a gimmick or does it actually help?

Hey great article but the only thing I was looking for was the one thing that is different with this card compared to other 3080 tis and that is cooling performance with and without the 4th fan. Is it a gimmick or does it actually help?
It actually helps (or should), but the fan alone is not enough; it needs a heatsink as well. It's a famous mod, for 3090s especially, since they get REALLY hot. I have a friend with a 3080 and he modded it for the back heatsink and fan.

Regards.

It actually helps (or should), but the fan alone is not enough; it needs a heatsink as well. It's a famous mod, for 3090s especially, since they get REALLY hot. I have a friend with a 3080 and he modded it for the back heatsink and fan.

Regards.
It's why I specifically noted the GDDR6X temps were 14C below the Founders Edition under load, and 6C below the Zotac card. I don't know that it's from the 4th fan necessarily, but the cooler definitely makes better contact with the VRAM.

Reactions: -Fran-