Question Galax GTX 1060 Fan throtelling

dushomirsky

Commendable
Oct 4, 2017
Fans just spin up randomly for no reason on idle temps and the sound is driving me mad. Any ideas? Running the latest driver as well as stock clock and voltage.

Is it the one with two fans? Either way, have a look at the GPU when the system is on. If you can, take off the side panel and look to see if both fans are spinning. It may be one fan is dead or dying, and the other is having to spin faster to cool the GPU.

dushomirsky

Commendable
Oct 4, 2017
Is it the one with two fans? Either way, have a look at the GPU when the system is on. If you can, take off the side panel and look to see if both fans are spinning. It may be one fan is dead or dying, and the other is having to spin faster to cool the GPU.
Yeah it's the one with two fans, http://www.galax.com/en/graphics-card/galax-geforce-gtx-1060-oc-6gb.html
What happens is it just starts randomly spinning up for a couple of seconds then turning off, and then after some time it starts again it's completely random. I'm going to try and record it and post it here so you can understand the behaviour I'm talking about. Plus once it starts spinning one of the fans starts clockwise while the other counterclockwise. Honestly, I'm probably just going to redeem the warranty for it and get a replacement.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS