News Galax's GeForce RTX 3060 LHR Hits the Market For Nearly $1,000

spongiemaster

Admirable
Dec 12, 2019
This pricing isn't indicative of what will happen in the US and is pretty much useless information to anyone who doesn't live in South Korea. Regular 3060's with no limiter are selling for below $900 pretty regularly on Ebay. So an LHR model should sell for less than that. By how much is yet to be determined.

ClapTrapper

Reputable
May 25, 2020
This pricing isn't indicative of what will happen in the US and is pretty much useless information to anyone who doesn't live in South Korea. Regular 3060's with no limiter are selling for below $900 pretty regularly on Ebay. So an LHR model should sell for less than that. By how much is yet to be determined.
BELOW $900????
I hope so!
The MSRP is $350 and that is borderline rip-off for what it is.

ClapTrapper

Reputable
May 25, 2020
Nvidia's GeForce RTX 30-series LHR cards may not be as cheap as expected.

Galax's GeForce RTX 3060 LHR Hits the Market For Nearly $1,000 : Read more
They are taking away a feature (mining),so if we weren't living in Clown World right now,they should be CHEAPER than expected.

But,since we are in Clown World, you won't be able to buy it anyway.

I guess I'll just keep holding my breath for the next amazing release of a miraculous product that is impossible to buy.

Thanks NVidia! Keep 'em coming!

Honk! Honk!

As always it is supply:demand ratio

The number of LHR chips may be low thus creating a perceived low supply:high demand situation. The rest may be allocated to Mining dedicated chip supply.

There have been several reports that stated that production is all an all time high for NVIDIA unit counts. (This is of their entire history of chipsets, not just this gen) This means there shouldn't be a supply issue if NVIDIA creates enough LHR chips. So if prices stay high, NVIDIA is just playing shell games and diverting most of the supply to much higher margin mining equipment.

BTM18

Commendable
May 27, 2021
Prices are msrp (or close to it) at EVGA if your on the waiting list. Just got a notice for a RTX3060 12G yesterday at $399.

Geezer760

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2009
If idiots stop buying that sh*t at just any price maybe it will go down. Yet I am sure this obscenely overpriced low end graphics card will sell like mcdonalds cancer. Go figure.
The Rich don't care $1000 is a drop in the bucket. "Just Buy It" Hell buy 2.

Last edited:

Geezer760

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2009
As always it is supply:demand ratio

The number of LHR chips may be low thus creating a perceived low supply:high demand situation. The rest may be allocated to Mining dedicated chip supply.

There have been several reports that stated that production is all an all time high for NVIDIA unit counts. (This is of their entire history of chipsets, not just this gen) This means there shouldn't be a supply issue if NVIDIA creates enough LHR chips. So if prices stay high, NVIDIA is just playing shell games and diverting most of the supply to much higher margin mining equipment.
I wouldn't doubt if all this low supply/demand whatever, isn't just a planned scheme by these BIG companies just to rake in a whole lotta extra money, they know how the mind of the idiot and rich work they will beg their parents for a $1000++ graphics card, just to play that $60 game they just bought on steam, the FPS on it is just not fast enough, "I keep getting killed my 2080Ti can't keep up Mommy" and they'll stand in line for days,camp out whatever it takes, and these companies know that, They'll be like I told you would make BIG bank on this idea.

While miners did worsen shortages of graphics boards, the price of LHR-series 'anti-mining' products demonstrate that supply still cannot meet demand even for products that pose no interest for miners.
Even if miners largely avoid the mining-restricted cards, their supply will still be very limited as long as a significant portion of production is still going toward mining-friendly cards. And if the restrictions are only targeted against the most popular cryptos being mined, that will have limited effectiveness against those picking them up to mine alternative options.

Prices are msrp (or close to it) at EVGA if your on the waiting list. Just got a notice for a RTX3060 12G yesterday at $399.
Getting anything less than a 3060 Ti for $400 is arguably not a great value. Even at its $330 MSRP, the 3060 didn't seem all that impressive. I guess it's slightly faster than the two-year-old 2060 SUPER, though its rasterized performance typically isn't quite on the level of a 5700 XT. In light of the current, mining-induced price hikes, paying over 20% above MSRP might not be terrible though, if one is really in need of a card.

Even if miners largely avoid the mining-restricted cards, their supply will still be very limited as long as a significant portion of production is still going toward mining-friendly cards. And if the restrictions are only targeted against the most popular cryptos being mined, that will have limited effectiveness against those picking them up to mine alternative options.

Getting anything less than a 3060 Ti for $400 is arguably not a great value. Even at its $330 MSRP, the 3060 didn't seem all that impressive. I guess it's slightly faster than the two-year-old 2060 SUPER, though its rasterized performance typically isn't quite on the level of a 5700 XT. In light of the current, mining-induced price hikes, paying over 20% above MSRP might not be terrible though, if one is really in need of a card.
I agree. If nvidia really wanted to do some damage they should have banned multiple currencies. But it is trivial to get these cards to not mine things like doge or nice. It all depends on if the box labels clearly state "mining limited hash rates" and not "ethereum limited hash rates". Otherwise it's a lawsuit.