Galaxy - GeForce 210

fatedcloud

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2009
I'm looking into buying a not so expensive, but relatively good graphics card, and ran into this

Chipset: NVIDIA GeForce

GPU Series: NVIDIA GeForce GT200

GPU/VPU: NVIDIA GeForce GT210

Video Memory: 512MB

Memory Type: DDR2

Memory Interface: 64-bit

Stream Processors: 16

Core Clock: 589 MHz

Memory Clock: 800 MHz

Shader Clock: 1404 MHz

Interface Type: PCI Express 2.0

Interface Speed: x16

APIs: DirectX 10.1
NVIDIA CUDA

Will this be a good graphics card to play games like Aion, World of Warcraft, Perfect World, and Final Fantasy 14(when it is released) at a good frames per second.
If not can anyone recomend me something better along the same price range.

fatedcloud

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2009
it can't be that bad, i mean, Aions recommended graphics are only a 6800 or better, and i'm sure this cards almost double that.
And World of Warcraft only recommends a 7600 class card or better with 128 MB VRAM.
I'm only a beginner with graphics cards though, so i'm sure you guys know better. I'm not looking for the best graphics card, just a good one. Play with decent fps. All i have is onboard right now. Though if i'm gonna spend money it might as well be for a big improvement in graphics.

If i could fix my computers problem with not picking up graphics other then the onboard, i'd have 50 dollars more to spend, but thats gonna go to the geeksquad.

Maybe you guys can help me though.
I've tried 2 different graphics cards, and 2 different PSU's.

My Nvidia card's fan was spinning, but my ATI card wasn't.

Whenever i put the card in the PCI-Express slot and plug the VGA into the graphics card i get a blank screen on my monitor. I tried going into BIOS to disable onboard graphics, but it didn't have the option.
I tried disabling the onboard on device manager, it didn't help, same thing.
I resetted CMOS, didn't change a thing, though it did get my fan spinning on my ATI card.

Oh really?
batman-1680-bar.jpg

farcry2-1680-bar.jpg

hawx-1680-bar.jpg

re5-1680-bar.jpg

wic-1680-bar.jpg

Source

It's only one site but a crap card is a crap card, end.

fatedcloud

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2009

I'm kind of limited of what they have in bestbuy, since they're installing it for me and i want to avoid any problems, like me picking on online and it not being compatible with my motherboard, i tried 2 cards so better safe then sorry.

they have the HD4670 and the 9800GT

That would serve the purpose well, unless you want/need DX11, in which case a 5xxx ATi card would be required. And no the type of RAM on the motherboard and the type on the graphic card do not matter in respect to them working together, you'll be fine.

fatedcloud

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2009

Oh okay, thanks mousemonkey. I'll aim for the 9800 GT
Thanks for the info too, now i know i'm not limited to the type of memory the card uses

TRENDING THREADS