Galaxy GT 240 Problems

InnerDeus

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2011
Hello community,

Sorry if I posted in the wrong section or anything, but this is my first ever post.

So first off I have no clue exactly what is wrong with my PC, I'm only GUESSING it's the GFX card as I looked up the symptoms of a bad one and it looks similar.

SPECS:
ASRock N68-S3 Motherboard
Galaxy GT 240 1GB
Brand New BenQ 24" Monitor & HDMI Cable
Windows 7 64 Bit

What's been happening is that my screen randomly craps out on me, only to come back up a few seconds later with a notification "NVidia Kernel Driver has stopped working and has been repaired.", or something of the like. Other time's I'll get a BSOD/Restart, and sometimes my monitor won't even recognize that a signal is being fed to it (if it is). The last of which has been happening a lot lately. I stupidly thought it was my monitor and went out and bought a new one (specs above), but the problem persists. I have noticed it get more and more frequent as the weeks pass. My GFX card drivers are up to date with the 64 bit version and all... Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Regards,
InnerDeus

InnerDeus

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2011
If I can get the monitor to respond to the card I will try update when I wake up. Shouldn't be the PSU, as I only bought it like just over a year ago, it's a ThermalTake one. Should I try updating the Motherboard drivers too or?

blade061188

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2011
You should be fine just updating the graphics drivers.

When did your PC start doing this? How long have you had your PC?

Also, check your GPU fan while the computer is on to make sure it is spinning. The error you are getting ("NVidia Kernel Driver has stopped working and has been repaired") is often associated with GPU temps that are too high.

Run GPUz to see what your temps are like.