Galaxy Introduces the GTX 770 and 780 HOF Graphics Cards

Status
Not open for further replies.

SchizoFrog

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2009
OK, this is why I am puzzled. Why use a triple cooler for the GTX770 and a dual cooler for the GTX780? If one cooler is better than the other, surely both of these cards are high end enough and have a price tag to warrant the best cooler going? It would be nice to find out exactly which one offers the better cooling as ultimately that would affect it's noise level.

ShadyHamster

Distinguished

I think they messed up, if you look at the pictures it looks like the 770 is the dual slot (triple fan setup) card and the 780 is the triple slot (dual fan setup) card.

master_chen

Honorable
Jun 20, 2012
I'm a big fan of Galaxy and their products for many years, but I never liked any of the HOFs. In my personal opinion - they're just copycats of Gigabyte's 3-fan designs cooler system-wise. Colors are fantastic, I won't deny this, but the cooler system leaves desires to be much more better. Personally, in their current lines of 7xx I like their black non-reference 770s the most - they are just FANTASTIC.

cypeq

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2009

Zero. Give it a break man we have only recently put PCI-E 1.0 on shelf... of history.

lhughey

Honorable
Feb 15, 2013
Anyone else disappointed in the memory sizes in such expensive cards? A 450.00 card shouldn't still be sporting 2GB of memory in 2013.

cypeq

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2009

Yeah... I also like to have free stuff. This type of memory is expensive and this cards don't really use all of it. But yeah you know better than engineers at Galaxy they are putting not enough memory on their 500$ products.

nord_musician

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2010

Actually they do, maybe not for gaming but for GPGPU programs such as real time 3D Rendering

Grandmastersexsay

Honorable
May 16, 2013
As a GTX 780 owner, I would recommend no one buy a 700 series Nvidia card until they fix their crappy drivers. Right now, every driver that officially supports 700 series cards has a serious memory leak that will lead to stuttering, multi second screen freezes, and even BSOD after your computer has been left on for 36-48 hours or more. The only fix is to modify older drivers that don't officially support 700 series cards, voiding your warranty in the process.

This has been going on for over a month now for many many people while Nvidia hasn't even acknowledge d the problem. I would think twice about buying one of their products. They seem more interested in in developing a mobile gaming platform that no one cares about, than fixing problems with their other products.

John Bauer-1363825

Honorable
Jul 16, 2013

I agree- it's time for cards with 3-4gb of vram to become the norm. Especially if the card costs $400+

cypeq

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2009

This are home use gamer cards not rendering farm cards. Have you heard of workstation hardware ? There are still options with more ram so I don't understand this outcry for zero performance gains.

bootiemang

Honorable
Aug 17, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Anyone else disappointed in the memory sizes in such expensive cards? A 450.00 card shouldn't still be sporting 2GB of memory in 2013.

This type of memory is expensive and this cards don't really use all of it.

Actually they do, maybe not for gaming but for GPGPU programs such as real time 3D Rendering

This are home use gamer cards not rendering farm cards. Have you heard of workstation hardware ? There are still options with more ram so I don't understand this outcry for zero performance gains.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Uh... read up a little people! These high end cards are able to use every BIT/BYTE of memory fed to it!!! LOL, Especially at large resolution gaming and multi monitor gaming! The programming utilization for memory changes from game to game, but most made within the last two-three years suck up all available memory! Lets not forget, even at lower resolutions, more memory is needed to run high AA/AF settings too!

Load up on memory! Its ALL used!

cypeq

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2009

Don't forget that RAM is a storage. You don't make cars faster by placing bigger fuel tanks.
More ram equals more performance only in situation when you don't have enough(or it's too slow) of it thus you cap device performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.