Galaxy MDT GTX 580 sli- true nvidia surround possible?

disolitude

Honorable
Aug 7, 2012
Hi guys,

I have 2 of these cards in SLI and I've recently bought 3 monitors.

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814162092

These cards are able to power 3 monitors in a single card using their custom mdt software, however I an wondering if they are able to do normal NVidia surround. I have not had any luck with enabling surround thus far with 2 of them in sli. Enabling surround option in NVIDIA control panel is disabled...

Reason why I'd prefer NVidia surround over the mdt solution is because mdt doesn't have bezel correction and only supports 5760x1080 at 50hz.

Any help is appreciated.

Cheers

verbalizer

Distinguished

I understand our plight mate and agree that nVidia Surround would be better than the software mod in cards themselves.
how do you have your monitors configured, all mini HDMI or are you using the display ports.?
also needs to be 2 monitors on top GPU and one on bottom (if this is to work..)

I'll research and then return.
cheers.

disolitude

Honorable
Aug 7, 2012

Thanks for your help.

I've plugged them in on different cards as specified by Nvidia surround.

monitor 1 is display port on card 1
monitor 2 is mini hdmi on card 1
monitor 3 is display port card 2

The computer sees the 3 monitors however it says that only 2 GPUs are supported when in SLI.
When I select 'Nvidia surround' it tells me to plug the monitors exactly how I've plugged them in in order to continue. Images show 2 monitors to DVI on top card and 1 in to DVI on bottom card.

Few things that may impact my setup:
I am running Windows 8 release preview - not sure if this possibly doesn't support nvidia surround
One of the monitors is different brand from the other 2 - I've read that this may possibly prevent Nvidia Surround from working.

Cheers,

verbalizer

Distinguished

bingo, not yet it doesn't...

TRENDING THREADS