Galaxy Note 3 to Arrive October 1 Priced at $300

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leecobhome Lee

Honorable
Sep 7, 2013
I have a Note 2 in a folding case that includes pockets for cash and cards, so it replaces a wallet. Strangers are always amazed when I take it out, and ask what it is so they can buy one. Young people, or older people who are short-sighted (like me) or use reading glasses can use it to fully replace a tablet. I don't use the S-pen for writing or anything fancy, but find the S-pen much more ergonomic than a finger for typing and cut-and-pasting. Even though the Note 3 is slightly lighter, thinner, faster, and has better multi-tasking the Note 2 is already more than functional in these respects. The main practical advantage of the Note 3 is the higher screen resolution, although this is mainly bragging rights against the i-empire and at this screen size I suspect that most people won't notice much difference from the Note 2. In summary, it is an incremental upgrade on a product that is already superbly functional.

soldier44

Honorable
May 30, 2013
Already figured this would be the case on AT&T. Will be a nice upgrade from my Note 1. Still disappointed they didn't perfect the flexable screen tech for it though.

redeemerTheIsheep

Honorable
Sep 7, 2013
redeemer , September 7, 2013 5:01 PM
Xperia Z1>Note 3

We all know you are a iSheep who hates Samsung. Guess what, no amount of whining or lying will ever bring Apple back. They are on their way down and will NEVER ever dominate the smartphone world EVER again.

deftonian

Honorable
Oct 18, 2012
I, for one, will be selling my Note II to get this Note 3. After being in the 5.5" market for a year with my Note II, I can't see going smaller again. My girl's S4 even seems small to me now and that's a 5" screen. I use my Note II for so many things, it's crazy. At the gym, Note II for netflix while I'm running, Music streaming while I'm working out, Music streaming while I'm in the car driving, games while lying in bed before bed. The list goes on and I just can't see doing these things with a smaller screen. And I never forget it because it's my phone, I carry that around more than my wallet. I'm ready for the faster processor, the higher resolution, the more RAM.

fulle

Distinguished
May 31, 2008
The LG G2 and the Sony Xperia Z1 are the primary Android competitors to the Note 3.... Someone mentions the Z1 and is accused of being an isheep.... I swear, the trolls are getting dumber.

juuh

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2006

I was going to buy Z1 until they revealed that it has non-removable / non-replaceable battery.
I plan on using my phone at least 2 years...
So Note 3 > z1

tomfreak

Distinguished
May 18, 2011
lithium ion battery easily last 2yrs without losing much of its capacity. So it shouldnt be much a problem. Unless if u plan to use a phone for 5yrs+, then pick one that have removable battery.

Z1 have this waterproof thing, something is rather important feature especially u are outdoor in raining, I would much rather have the ability to make a phone call when I am in wet(who knows I am in tsunami/hurricane problem or not). Z1 also have 20mp camera. So it is a slight advantage there.

juuh

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2006

I'm quite aware of the IP58 rating of the phone and the nice 20,7Mpixel camera (which should be nice, though no photos yet). I passed Galaxy S4 because of Experia Z1, because the Z1 has a better processor and a lot better camera. It rains here quite a bit and i have never broken a phone because of rain. And about the battery life... "But suffice to say that you can expect to irreversibly lose 20% of a lithium-ion battery's charge every year from its original date of manufacture." (source) That's not "not much" in my books or saying it otherwise, It is a lot. If you lose about 40% of your devices batterly life in 2 years and I am propably going to use the device for 3 years... and IMO only iDiots buy a new device every year...

halcyon

Splendid

Wow. So if owning the latest tech is enjoyable to you you're an iDiot in your opinion. Kids and teenagers. Gotta love 'em.

juuh

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2006

It is quite idiotic if you already own the same kind of a device which is not "quite" outdated or the other option is you have too much disposable income. Could be both. Who for example updates their computer yearly basis or in this case a phone. I have knowledge of these iCrap owners who almost can't pay their bills and are constantly broke. Yet they HAVE TO update their one year old model to a new one, that is an idiot in my books... and for your love of kids and teenagers I cincerely hope it is only platonic...

soldier44

Honorable
May 30, 2013

The 2 other people that have your phone are proud of that I bet. Lenovo lol.

soldier44

Honorable
May 30, 2013

Its how it is with every phone although Apple seems to change less than anyone else every year - See Iphone 5S.

halcyon

Splendid

By that argument I should only have one sports car too, right?

stevejnb

Honorable
May 6, 2013

Of course that position is generally spurious but you do have to admit that there are some people (kids, some students, people on welfare, etc) who dump a lot of money into the incremental updates of computing devices who really do not need them. It's that mindset of "OH MY GOSH it's the model 5 which is SOOOOO much better than my model 4, therefore I MUST BUY IT NOW!" when it only has the incremental upgrades we see in things like the iProducts and recent Samsung devices.

I love my gizmos, but, I try and justify them for work at least before buying them. Watching my buddy's girlfriend getting both of her kids - one of them five years old - a new iPhone for Christmas makes me shake my head.

w8gaming

Honorable
Dec 21, 2012

Z1? It is too small at only 5". Try Sony XPeria Z Ultra, now that's a good contender with 6.4" size and pen support. :)

http://www.androidauthority.com/note-3-lg-g2-xperia-z1-xperia-z-ultra-spec-battle-262702/

classzero

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2011

My phablet is bigger than your phablet! I myself am holding out for the 13.3 inch Samsung Galaxy Note 13!

Caffeinecarl

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2008
1920 x 1080 screen resolution has been FAR more useful than I could have ever anticipated on my Galaxy S4, so to see it on here is great. Also, that processor... 2.3 GHz quad core? WOW.

stevejnb

Honorable
May 6, 2013

I've got to ask... How is that resolution helpful on such a small screen? I've really been trying to figure that out, even after seeing Retina this, 1080p that, on phones. Is it really just the visual difference that people get so excited about?

Status
Not open for further replies.