Galaxy Note II Has Sold 3 Million Units in a Month

Status
Not open for further replies.

skaz

Distinguished
The note 2 is an awesome little device. It is slightly too big for day to day portable use, when compared to devices under 5 inches. The slight half inch actually made a big difference to me, in two ways. One was pocket fit, the other, one hand holding.

It's not that the note 2 doesn't fit in a pocket, or that it can't be held with one hand. It is that the size is just pushing that almost uncomfortable boundary of both pocket fit and one hand holding. This is completely 100% personal preference though, and that should be "noted" if your shopping around for something like this. Just because I don't enjoy it's size doesn't mean you won't. On the contrary, I think people carry small bags (purses, messenger bags, backpacks) around all day and don't mind double handing a device would probably really like the note 2.

The cool thing about it is it really depends on a persons day to day habits and how you manage your personal belongings. I'm a straight up pocket guy. I don't tend to bring backpacks or small bags with me unless I really need to.

SneakySnake

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2009
[citation][nom]aragis[/nom]Actually, Note 2 does fit in some pockets, but no chance if you're female.[/citation]

he says that they it can fit in a pocket, but just that it's borderline uncomfortable size

classzero

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2011
Waiting for the Galaxy Note 7
http://www.slashgear.com/samsung-galaxy-note-7-tipped-as-gt-n5100-clears-testing-31254994/

scook9

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2008
[citation][nom]boiler1990[/nom]And none of those are on VZW yet. Still waiting[/citation]
At least we know it is coming this time.....not just rumored and never comes (Galaxy Journal.....)

hate machine

Honorable
Jun 14, 2012
[citation][nom]SneakySnake[/nom]She says that they it can fit in a pocket, but just that it's borderline uncomfortable size[/citation]

I simply could not resist!

I honestly got to play with one of these and it didn't seem big or cumbersome nor did i have a problem with it in my pockets. I do have rather largish hands though.

assasin32

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2008
Just hope my carrier picks up the phone before black friday and puts it down for cheap or free with a contract as thats the day my contract is up as that is when my contract is up. Wouldn't mind having a bigger smartphone sadly my hand kills me trying to hold my Incredible even with the bigger extended batter after holding it for awhile, hopefully the larger phone will get rid of that.

Phone will probably get the same extended battery treatment as the incredible, nothing like actually having the battery life to USE your phone all day and still have enough left over when you get home.

fedelm

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2012
I would love one of these. But I'd like to "test drive it" first to see how it fits in my hand and pockets.

I likey largey cellphones.

LOBOBAST

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2011
I've had the Galaxy Note since March and I couldn't be happier. I instantly got used to the screen size. I don't wear skinny jeans so the size of the phone in my jeans or on my hand were never a problem. I do a lot of browsing on the web and this phones screen size handles all websites beautifully, especially at 4GLTE speed. I can go to the full desktop version of tomshardware.com without having to zoom in/out and everything is still completely readable. I couldn't do that with my iphone, which I had for 3 years. Now every time I pick up my GF's iphone I find myself hunched over squinting my eyes looking at the small screen. It now feels so short, chubby and outdated on my hands.

kartu

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2009
1) rectangular - check
2) rounded corners - check
3) has a screen - check
4) screen is also rectangular - check
5) has a button - check
6) has a touch screen - check
7) "pick up" icon is green - check
8) "hang off" icon is red - check

Now tell me it doesn't look like an iPhone!

halcyon

Splendid
[citation][nom]kartu[/nom]1) rectangular - check2) rounded corners - check3) has a screen - check4) screen is also rectangular - check5) has a button - check6) has a touch screen - check7) "pick up" icon is green - check8) "hang off" icon is red - checkNow tell me it doesn't look like an iPhone![/citation]
Na...its missing a glass or aluminum casing so no confusion.

IQ11110002

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2009
Still waiting for it here in Australia, Will be sold on it from day one.
I think it gets announced here on the 14th November,Don't quote me though.
Can't wait to dump this Iphone 3GS and Apple, Served me well but it's time for a change!
After playing with a friends Galaxy S3 iphones are too damn small for me including iphone 5, But each to their own I guess.
Note II is an amazing device, I think it will easily outsell Note 1. Must be many out there who can't afford to own both a tablet and a mobile so why not get one device that does the lot.

coolronz

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2008
the first thing i thought when i seen the Note 1 was it was tooo big, but after playing with it and weighing the pros and cons, i'd love to buy one. the bigger screen is so amazing.. and i would just have to buy pants with big enough pockets.... lol my galaxy S is a slower smaller variation of the Note, wich is an amazing little phone :)

Status
Not open for further replies.