Galaxy S III is the Official London 2012 Olympics Phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parsian

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2007
lol, u kiddin? It is the Olympics, ofcourse they have to have olympic collectible items like those stupid pins, medals n sh*t.... I collected non during the Vancouver Olympics and I feel missed out since people made money off of them.

In regard to NFC, i find it annoying that I can use my Galaxy Nexus for NFC transactions. I cant get Google Wallet on my Galaxy Nexus (unrooted) from Google Play's store in Vancouver. Lame. Not that it is a problem because im about to Root it as soon as i get the time and download it through XDA. My point is, Google better open up the access for w/e the reason they are halting access...

MrSmitty81

Honorable
Mar 24, 2012
Pretty dissapointed with the specs of the phone. I was going to make the switch from the iphone 3gs to this but now I am not so sure. Might hold out and wait one more phone generation.

getreal

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2010
[citation][nom]MrSmitty81[/nom]Pretty dissapointed with the specs of the phone. I was going to make the switch from the iphone 3gs to this but now I am not so sure. Might hold out and wait one more phone generation.[/citation]
Smart move. The 3GS is a much better phone, and you will be much happier waiting for the iPhone 5. Just a little bit longer!

G

S***. The iPhone 3G is a better phone than this latest Android turd.

rgjhawkins

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2010
[citation][nom]havocCUASER5[/nom]S***. The iPhone 3G is a better phone than this latest Android turd.[/citation]

why is it better?

G

@ rgjhawkins - its always better to go with the original than something that always copies

getreal

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2010
[citation][nom]rgjhawkins[/nom]why is it better?[/citation]
1. Isn't using a stolen OS.
2. Isn't made by Samsung
3. Designed by an American company
4. Not made entirely of plastic
5. The App store

Enough said.

G

[citation][nom]getreal[/nom]1. Isn't using a stolen OS.
2. Isn't made by Samsung
5. The App store

Enough said.[/citation]

+1

rgjhawkins

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2010
[citation][nom]getreal[/nom]1. Isn't using a stolen OS.2. Isn't made by Samsung3. Designed by an American company4. Not made entirely of plastic5. The App storeEnough said.[/citation]

Hmm I thought maybe I'd get an intelligent response not some Adolescent rant from a jaded Apple fanatic....buuut I guess this is an internet forum after all, so it should be expected.

I hope your world is a happy one ;)

alexmx

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2009
[citation][nom]getreal[/nom]Smart move. The 3GS is a much better phone, and you will be much happier waiting for the iPhone 5. Just a little bit longer![/citation]

How the 3gs out specs the sgs III?

And I know this is a hard question to ask a troll but, try to be objective.

1. Isn't using a stolen OS. (btw xerox called...)
2. Isn't made by Samsung (so what?)
3. Designed by an American company (again, so what?)
4. Not made entirely of plastic (why would I want to carry some glass cellphone more prone to breaking?)
5. The App store (yes, because 995 of the apps are useful and original, right?)

G

1. Isn't using a stolen OS.
2. Isn't made by Samsung
5. The App store

Enough said.

I guess then you have a macbook air connected to a cinema display, iPad2, iPod and iPhone 3g and are looking forwards to looking to buying an iTV...

you realize that apple doesn't need your help and they don't care about you....only your money so why are you defending them?

silverblue

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2009
[citation][nom]getreal[/nom]1. Isn't using a stolen OS.2. Isn't made by Samsung3. Designed by an American company4. Not made entirely of plastic5. The App storeEnough said.[/citation]
1. Didn't Apple borrow from Xerox PARC all those years ago?
2. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elKxgsrJFhw
3. Not built in the US.
4. Plastic can actually be quite strong. In any case, I'll refer you back to 2.
5. Fine, but Android Market/Google Play isn't exactly a bad place.

I'll be a little more objective than you;

6. Apple phones generally have better battery life than the Android equivalent
7. Refined user experience which, until Windows Phone 7.5, was still the benchmark
8. The SGX543MP2 is still the strongest phone GPU
9. Siri
10. Pixel density
11. Screen brightness
12. Some might say 4"+ is too big for a phone

Now, let's throw some back:

1. Android phones have screens up to 4.8"; Apple is still pedalling 3.5". I'd rather have a larger screen when viewing media and the internet.
2. Even large Android phones can weigh less and be thinner than the iPhone; the 4S should've been more adventurous. The SIII is much larger and still a little lighter, though the 4S features more glass as well as steel.
3. The iPhone glass is renowned for being prone to damage from drops. I'd be disappointed if the SIII didn't perform as well as the previous models in this category.
4. Antenna-gate, brief that it was; I never had issues with my old Galaxy S
5. Flash; hate it all you want, but there's a lot of web content out there that I'm missing on my Lumia 800 and simply won't be available for iPhone users
6. Samsung doesn't appear to shout and scream when they release a white model.
7. SAMOLED.
8. You can add microSD cards to most Samsung phones, including the SIII.
9. In the case of the SIII, Smart Stay.
10. I liked Iris. :p

It's best to be objective about such things instead of appearing to be a troll.

getreal

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2010
[citation][nom]mindless728[/nom]you realize that apple doesn't need your help and they don't care about you....only your money so why are you defending them?[/citation]
Just like Samsung, yet countless fools defend them! I'd rather defend an American company than one from a country my grandfather had to go to war against.

xerroz

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2010
[citation][nom]getreal[/nom]Just like Samsung, yet countless fools defend them! I'd rather defend an American company than one from a country my grandfather had to go to war against.[/citation]
Apple outsources the labor and avoid paying taxes as much as they possibly can. The American people barely sees much benefit coming that vile corporation. They have cheated the American people out of thousands of jobs and billions and billions of tax dollars that would've allowed many districts throughout the nation to keep after school activities and sports for kids, help pay for hospitals, repair/improve infrastructure, etc. They're literally hoarding over $100 billion.

getreal

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2010
[citation][nom]silverblue[/nom]TL:DR[/citation]

I'm sure that some people find some benefit to Android:
1) Cheap, usually free phones
2) available on value carriers (boost mobile, cricket, etc)
3) easier to pirate / view pirated content
4) enormous devices available for overweight people with massive hands or for the vision impaired
5) made of cheap plastics, so they crack instead of shatter

Personally, I just want the best overall product. Right now, that means one from Apple.

ramzbo

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2010
Quite a few people seem abit jealous that their precious Iphone wasnt picked. Someone please tell me they were joking when saying the iphone 3gs is better, as it doesnt even trump my 2 year old HTC Desire.

clivene09

Distinguished
May 28, 2010
[citation][nom]getreal[/nom]Just like Samsung, yet countless fools defend them! I'd rather defend an American company than one from a country my grandfather had to go to war against.[/citation]

Perhaps a little history would benefit you. Samsung is a SOUTH Korean company. Your grandfather was likely in the Korean war fighting with SOUTH Korea against NORTH Korea. I thought Iphone users were supposed to be smarter than Android users.

getreal

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2010
[citation][nom]clivene09[/nom]Perhaps a little history would benefit you. Samsung is a SOUTH Korean company. Your grandfather was likely in the Korean war fighting with SOUTH Korea against NORTH Korea. I thought Iphone users were supposed to be smarter than Android users.[/citation]

Yeah, I have no beef with them; I'd just rather give my dollars to greedy, American corporations than greedy, foreign ones.

fulle

Distinguished
May 31, 2008
Fanboys everywhere....

I don't like the SIII. Not because it's made by Samsung, that would be STUPID. A lot of smartphones get their parts from Samsung, including Apple. Not because it's designed by a South Korean company, because that would be STUPID. American corporations are now multinationals that can give a damn about their host county, and exploit what's borderline slave labor overseas to pull larger profits. Not because it's stolen design ideas. That would be STUPID, all the best technology companies are shameless about adopting good ideas for themselves.

I don't like the SIII because it's just an unimpressive phone. Bad camera lens paired with a tiny sensor + weak software makes it's camera yawn worthy. It's display is pentle. Build quality is inferior to several current and upcomming smartphones. Which was to be expected, actually, since Samsung is basically known for having less than impressive build quality in their phones. The US version will probably have a qualcomm S4 based SOC which comes with a garbage Adreno 225 GPU. Seriously, people, the Adreno 225 is a total POS.... throw in the Samsung UI, complete with its added glitchiness vs Vanilla Android...

I'll freaking pass. Not because I'm an Apple fanboy, but because the SIII is a disappointment.

sirius100

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2011

Wow... really? You're go with that argument as an excuse for... well, for anything?? Aren't you a fine example of a human being... By the way, if you've got some spare time to stop being a chauvinist, you might want to learn Samsung is South Korean, meaning the side the US allied with when they intervened on the war.

sirius100

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2011
[citation][nom]fulle[/nom] I don't like the SIII because it's just an unimpressive phone. Bad camera lens paired with a tiny sensor + weak software makes it's camera yawn worthy. It's display is pentle. Build quality is inferior to several current and upcomming smartphones. Which was to be expected, actually, since Samsung is basically known for having less than impressive build quality in their phones. The US version will probably have a qualcomm S4 based SOC which comes with a garbage Adreno 225 GPU. Seriously, people, the Adreno 225 is a total POS.... throw in the Samsung UI, complete with its added glitchiness vs Vanilla Android... I'll freaking pass. Not because I'm an Apple fanboy, but because the SIII is a disappointment.[/citation]

Yet your comment seems to come from a fanboy. Wait til a phone is actually reviewed (not the quick rushed reviews that came out of the unveiling event), then make your opinion. Not to mention you bash Samsung's general build quality... you should probably say build materials... in that case, there's no arguing, plastic will feel plastic and the iPhone will feel better in most people's hand because of it's glass+metal. Otherwise, I've yet to see a SGS that feels flimsy, weak, or badly put together (all of those important parts of Build Quality) Then there's the display, which on paper I was disappointed it was Pentile, but seeing as I had a SGS and seldom noticed the little annoyances of Pentile during normal use (if you look up close its flaws are really obvious), I suspect the 300+ PPI in the GS3 might not matter that much... again, I'll wait til plenty of reviewers have gone over it, then see it with my TouchWiz (even though I install GO Launcher whenever I see someone still using LagWiz).

I'm actually more interested in seeing if all the little gimmicks this phone packs actually work or not. If they don't then on to another phone, if the reviews are favorable, then I might consider picking one up.

sirius100

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2011
[citation][nom]sirius100[/nom] I suspect the 300+ PPI in the GS3 might not matter that much... again, I'll wait til plenty of reviewers have gone over it, then see it with my TouchWiz[/citation]

We really need an edit button... I suspect the 300+ PPI in the GS3 might not make PenTile matter that much... again, I'll wait til plenty of reviewers have gone over it, then see it with my own eyes and give my opinion... same with TouchWiz

Status
Not open for further replies.