Galaxy S2 Gets Benchmarked, Kicks Nexus Ass

Status
Not open for further replies.

proxy711

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2009
nice, but after my fascinate and the complete lack of support and updates for my phone its safe to say i wont buy a Samsung phone again.

We shouldn't have to rely on leaks to update to 2.2, which is still old now.

joytech22

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2008
My Galaxy S usually hits 2200 on that benchmark, why did they say triple that of the Galaxy S?

Until samsung redeems themselves by freeing some of that 512MB RAM up for our use (which I complain about in EVERY post relating to a Galaxy S or android device and before somebody says "it needs to use that much" you better proofread before posting) I won't ever grab another Samsung item again.

bsbsbsbs

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2010
Joytech, ORIGINAL Galaxy S. Not your lag fixed, modified rom beast :)

By the way go Darky's Rom. I'll never buy anything that's not a Samsung.

jazz84

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2010
Aye, let's see how poorly they support THIS generation now. Loved my Fascinate until I realized that much like the cake before it, the Froyo is a lie. Never buying Samsung again...

cphorn15

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2010
Didn't realize so many people hated the SGS. I personally love mine.

btw, blame your carrier if you don't have froyo on your device yet. Samsung gave its version of Froyo back in last November to them. If they haven't put it out, they have either A) forgot about it/don't care or B) still adding bloatware to the OS. Given that nearly five months has passed, imma go with A as the most likely reason.

G

This is baseless. How can you possibly compare a 1.2ghz dual core exynos and a 1ghz snapdragon. Add to that 2.3 and Nvidia Tegra 2 chip. Not credible at all.

G

Could someone clarify please. Among these phones in comparison, what are the other phones having a dual core processor? and nVidea's Tegra is not compared here right?

G

My Galaxy S i9000 had froyo on it brand new when i bought it. I guess i don't have the problems that verizon and us cellular customers are having, and yes i am in the united states and bought it on a carrier. Also i can't wait until gingerbread comes out for my galaxy s next month.

happyballz

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2011
Congrats on their results but not only is the software they used for benchmarking useless for measuring performance with two cores it can also be manipulated.

Synthetic benchmarking only goes so far...

This will be my new phone as nothing comes close to it as a whole package as of yet but ONLY IF samsung does not lock the bootloader.

I blame ATT&T everyday for their shitty firmware releases and other crap like removal of features and censoring of youtube on the phone. This is where unlocked bootloader came in and rescued my day with my galaxy s captivate.

jgutz2006

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2009
unrelated - but with people talking carriers, i must say that i'm disappointed with Sprint. They were the first to the market with the galaxy tab and more or less nothing since. I look forward to the new 10" galaxy tab, but the 7" tablets are just not going to cut it in my book. Though with the same resolution as some of the 10" screens, i'm sure the picture looks absolutely amazing. Most disappointing to me though is HTC and coming to market with the "flyer" while the sprint version will be some sort of play on the Evo naming which i think is a slap in the face to the bleeding edge and quality that the Evo set the bar with. The evo was just as much about the large screen as it was 4G when it came out and now they use the Evo naming on a 7" tablet? cmon! Aspect ratio is an interesting topic with screens as well. 4:3 makes it more universal when it comes to screen rotation but the widescreen androids are far superior for watching movies. I am a huge HTC fan but considering switching to Xoom, Galaxie Tab, or the G-Slate if they dont bring a 10" competitor, and they also need to do something with sense to make it special and run smooth

retrig

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2010
[citation][nom]Kryan[/nom]HTC FTW, SUCKAS! (although here too, your support is crap)[/citation]
HTC ftw indeed. As far as support being crap, Tom's (or was it Slashdot? Pretty sure it was Tom's) did an article which showed that HTC was the quickest manufacturer with updates, and Verizon the quickest carrier with updates.

Manicslayer

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2010
Droid X 2.2+ baby! I love this giant screen on my phone, it makes surfing the web and watching those 720p videos all the easier. While it is lengthy, it's slim enough with a case to easily fit in any of my pockets.
I miss my Voyager 10000 (namely it's keyboard) but this this rocks.

sinfulpotato

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2008
The people who are bashing samsung phone don't release they are the ones making Google's own phone. The Nexus S.

And the reason the Galaxy phones are not getting updates is the same all the rest are not getting them. The custom OS's the manufacturer are putting on the phones. Google is making steps to make all android phones run the exact same OS though.

schmich

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2009
[citation][nom]And the reason the Galaxy phones are not getting updates is the same all the rest are not getting them. The custom OS's the manufacturer are putting on the phones. Google is making steps to make all android phones run the exact same OS though.[/citation]
No, it's because of the carriers. Galaxy S will soon get 2.3 whilst the US versions of the phones will stay even further behind. It's not because of Samsung but because of the carriers.

Simple11

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2009
I love my Atrix4G with the Tegra2. AND I got it for 150$. With a Gig of RAM and a dual-core processor, it's safe to say that the line between computer and mobile phone are starting to REALLY blur. Not to mention the battery life is SUPERB.

G

Folks... the bottom line is user experience. I have had the priledge to use an EVO, Galaxy, iPad2, and recent Blackberrys. All of them have pros and cons. For simplicity, lets divide the group into Apple vs Non-Apple. The Non-Apples win on the free market concepts of "lets see who can do the best", but there is a big BUT, there is a massive amount of crap out there. For the average user, this is bad. They want stuff that works. They don't want to figure out how to make it work or why it does not work. Apple gets this. What Apple does not get is that it is in everyone's best interest to have certain things be universal (read USB ports). Now for the specific pros and cons. Non-Apple products allow the users to modify things they don't like. For example, the battery on the EVO sucks. I purchased a battery with more than double the capcity and I don't mind the extra micro onces. Apple just does not release a product unless it meet a certain stanard. BRAVO! However, what if I want my Apple device to last even longer? Nothing I can do...that sucks. Pro for Appple, their products are elegant and do EXACTLY what the claim to do. I am a PC guy that now understands there is another universe, but I would like to see these universes merge. It would be better for everyone. Call it a Win-Win-Win. If they figure it out it will be a win for consumers, a win for manufactures and a win for standarization.

masterofevil22

Distinguished
May 13, 2010
LOVE my Epic 4G... After the long awaited 2.2 update I don't believe there is currently a more feature rich or just plain awesome phone on the market :D

Status
Not open for further replies.