Question Galaxy S8 keeps sending calls to voicemail after Pie update

Apr 25, 2019
Hello, all! I am hoping that someone here can help me solve this issue.

My S8 has been rerouting all incoming calls to my voicemail ever since the Pie update earlier this month. I never know if I am receiving a call until I get a notification from Visual Voicemail stating that I have a new message. If callers don't leave a message, I never know about it unless I go to view the missed calls in my phone. I've tried calling myself and the same thing happens: it rings once, then straight to voicemail. All other calling features work. I can make calls, send and receive texts, receive notifications from allowed apps, access all apps and settings, charging is fine, and so on.

Here is a list of everything that I've tried so far:
  1. Restart.
  2. Shut down, shut down and power back on after 5 min., then again with 10 min.
  3. Verify that the phone is not in airplane mode.
  4. Verify that the phone is not in do not disturb mode.
  5. Verify that the phone is not set to forward calls.
  6. Verify that the sound is turned up and the ringer is on.
  7. Turn off Bluetooth, turn Bluetooth on.
  8. Turn off Wifi calling, turn on Wifi calling.
  9. Settings > Apps > Phone > Clear data and clear cache.
  10. Downloaded a phone calling app and set it as default.
  11. Exit all apps running in the background.

Here is where it gets a little weird. I have a game installed on my phone that I play on the regular--Marvel's Contest of Champions/MCOC. Before the Pie update, if I was playing and received a phone call, I'd get a short white drop down menu giving me the option of either accepting or declining the call. Now when I'm in game, that doesn't happen and everything goes to voicemail. If I'm not actively playing, but think I may pick it back up shortly, I'll let it run in the background. I decided to completely exit all apps that were running in the background. At the time, this included Chrome, Gmail, MCOC, and Clock. I tried calling again, but the same thing happened. I exited all background apps again, then restarted my phone. I tried calling and the call went through with no problems. Directly after, I opened MCOC and then let it hang in the background. I tried calling myself again and the call went back to voicemail. I opened MCOC and exited completely, called again, and right back to voicemail. After a full exit and another restart, calls were coming through as normal.

To compare, a friend of mine has the same phone. We bought them on the same day and both have AT&T. My friend also plays MCOC, so I had him open the game and I tried to call. His phone displayed the white drop down with accept and reject options like mine used to. He ran it in the background as well as exiting completely and every call went through with no problem. We also sat our phones side by side and scrolled through every setting and option that we could think of and they were all the same. Same versions of Android, game versions, Samsung apps, etc.

I feel like this is probably some kind of setting that I'm not finding. Having to restart my phone every time I finish playing is insane. Ideas? Any help is greatly appreciated!

Apr 25, 2019
Update:

In case anyone else happens to experience this problem, I've solved the issue. It had nothing to do with my phone's settings or MCOC. I had an app installed that would identify and block spam/fraudulent calls (Should I Answer?). I'd had the app for years, but found that it conflicts with the Pie update and after uninstalling it, my calls are coming through as they should. I initially tried a force stop and then a disable, but those options didn't work. I had to completely uninstall the program to fix the issue.