Galaxy Shows Single Slot GTX 750 Ti, 6GB 780 Ti, 2GHz LC

Status
Not open for further replies.

balister

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2006
Little too late in the game to be coming out with a 6GB version of the 780Ti considering we should be seeing Maxwell x80s in the November/December time frame (which will hopefully come with 3GB or even 4GB base). If Galaxy had come out with the 6GB version 3 or 4 months ago, it would have been something to think about, not so much now with Maxwell on the horizon.

^Sad, but true. It needs to be low-profile AND single slot. That may seem like a tall order, but more than one HD7750 fits that description, and it uses even more power than the GTX, so it ought to be possible.

chtl22

Reputable
Jun 6, 2014
I can't find any info on the 780 ti 6gb and when you zoom in for the picture of the ti there is no mention of it being 6gb. Also when you go to their site and look at v2.0 780 ti it only has the 3gb model listed under v2.0. I'm wondering if it's a mistake in the title since the regular 780 is in fact 6gb.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
I think the typo in the title may have resulted when they tried to fix the messed-up title I probably wrote.

chtl22

Reputable
Jun 6, 2014

Haha no biggy was just verifying. 'Cause a 6gb 780 ti would be sweet!

tomfreak

Distinguished
May 18, 2011
back then 8800GT can be done in single slot @ 125w tdp all without heatpipes. Nowadays no one does that in 125w tdp. What happened to cooling technology? Did they went backwards?

mapesdhs

Distinguished
back then 8800GT can be done in single slot @ 125w tdp all without heatpipes. ...

True, but such cards were kinda loud (I have several of them), the XFX 8800GT 1GB
inparticular. 2-slot models such as the ASUS with its Glaciator cooler were far
easier on the ears. Ditto the 9800GTs (I've collected about a half-dozen of each).

Ian.

artk2219

Distinguished
back then 8800GT can be done in single slot @ 125w tdp all without heatpipes. ...

True, but such cards were kinda loud (I have several of them), the XFX 8800GT 1GB
inparticular. 2-slot models such as the ASUS with its Glaciator cooler were far
easier on the ears. Ditto the 9800GTs (I've collected about a half-dozen of each).

Ian.

They also had a relatively high failure rate and many of them had to be reflowed just after the warranty period, still it would be nice to have the option though.

tryingmybest

Reputable
Jun 5, 2014

You can mod any card you know ... just replace the heat sink and fan from any old low profile card into it, make sure they both have the same tdp or better. And use rubber instead of screws for mounting. I am not interested in the 750 ti , because the 7750 is enough for my machine. But if I am upgrading soon , i will use the 7750 heatsink on the 750 ti .

Status
Not open for further replies.