Galaxy Smartphone Sales to Help Record Profit For Samsung

Status
Not open for further replies.

luciferano

Honorable
Sep 24, 2012
Some companies can stand up against Apple's bullying and not only that, but thrive on it. Nice going, Apple. You wanted to diminish competition, but your despicable tactics have been counter-productive.

fudoka711

Distinguished
[citation][nom]luciferano[/nom]Some companies can stand up against Apple's bullying and not only that, but thrive on it. Nice going, Apple. You wanted to diminish competition, but your despicable tactics have been counter-productive.[/citation]

Exactly. I bet Apple didn't expect that epically long (and still ongoing?) court battle to actually benefit Samsung.

Kami3k

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008
[citation][nom]dimar[/nom]If only Samsung could use tiny bits of those profits to keep-up the older Android phones with latest Android versions...[/citation]

Large parts of that have to be blamed on the phone service providers. A lot want their own crap installed and what not.

At least in the US. Don't know how it is in Europe or anywhere else.

I'll bet if service providers didn't each want their own version we would see more updates.

varun270588

Honorable
Aug 4, 2012
clubsaucekiller[/nom]Apple made almost 4 times more profit than this last year. Too bad Samesung can't copy profits.[/citation]

yah u yourself admitted that apple makes 4 times more profit u isheep..
garbadge + shiny cover +rotten apple+bunch of isheep ... boom 4 time more profit

wedouglas

Honorable
Oct 7, 2012
[citation][nom]clubsaucekiller[/nom]Apple made almost 4 times more profit than this last year. Too bad Samesung can't copy profits.[/citation]

Not in one quarter, retard.

greghome

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2009
[citation][nom]Kami3k[/nom]Large parts of that have to be blamed on the phone service providers. A lot want their own crap installed and what not. At least in the US. Don't know how it is in Europe or anywhere else.I'll bet if service providers didn't each want their own version we would see more updates.[/citation]

Ya'll Americans need to come to Asia..... :p
We get our Samsung Android products a whole month early sometimes :D

chibiwings

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2008
Ya'll Americans need to come to Asia..... :p
We get our Samsung Android products a whole month early sometimes :D
I remember the first PS3 Slim being rumors all over internet but already seeing it already on some stores here.. although not for sale yet.

hope Samsung learned on this and provide more Featurific Products and Innovative

ojas

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2011
[citation][nom]Kami3k[/nom]Large parts of that have to be blamed on the phone service providers. A lot want their own crap installed and what not. At least in the US. Don't know how it is in Europe or anywhere else.I'll bet if service providers didn't each want their own version we would see more updates.[/citation]
No, updates aren't existent here either for older phones, and we dont have carrier locked phones.

halcyon

Splendid
I think, for us consumers, this war between Apple and Samsung is good stuff. Its driving both of them to strive to outdo the other and we're benefiting with better products at reasonable costs. They're both making money hand-over-foot so the lawsuits don't seem to hurt too much {man, can I get a billion dollars? Can I?}. In 2 weeks time I've completely been taken by the SGS3 (and by loose association this Asus Transformer Infinity) and I'm a hard case to please, now they're talking about an SGS4. However, having seen the iphone 5 {that my wife just got}, its nice too and she's thrilled. ...not my cup of tea right now but I can see why people like it. It took $60 worth of Zagg Invisible Shield on the front and back to protect it so it doesn't look disgusting after 2 days. For all that money Apple could have implemented a durable design. Samsung, on the other hand, shot for durability (one could say) over design asthetic (though TBH, the SGS3 is a good looking piece of kit). I'm not crazy about all plastic but it may hold up to everyday use for some that are not as careful with their gear as others much better than the scratch-prone alumiinum our other friend chose. My wish for the SGS4 would be something like Kevlar or something else neat that looked amazing and was durable (see Moto Razr/Razr Maxx) but that's kinda minor.

So Samsung and the fruit can keep right on at it as far as I'm concerned.
Again, you just can't recommend the SGS3 enough but that doesn't mean the iPhone5 is trash...my wife loves hers.

halcyon

Splendid

Yeahp...and Sammy knows that's just helping them (and every little bit helps)...it got me to look in their direction.

back_by_demand

Splendid
BANNED
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]clubsaucekiller[/nom]Apple made almost 4 times more profit than this last year. Too bad Samesung can't copy profits.[/citation]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samsung
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apple_Inc.
And yet despite Apple profits, Samsung still has more than double the revenue, more than double the total assets and more than triple the total equity, Apple have a long way to catch up and those profits only serve to artificially inflate the share value beyond the companies actual value. Apple knows this and now so do you.

diesector

Honorable
Oct 8, 2012
Negative publicity is always a good thing ... I guess. Everyone loves the underdog and everyone loves the drama. Personally, I'm just fine with my Galaxy S2 (i777) and it continues to rock with JB on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.