[SOLVED] Gamble for adata sx8200 pro 1tb?

Prominent
Nov 28, 2021
Its known adata switches the components inside the ssd that i could never expect what i may get....

I am looking for more storage for games and if i get the sx8200 i will also use it for os . I have the following options:
2.5 inch MX500 1tb $80
Nvme sx8200pro 1tb $90 (500gb $60)
Nvme samsung970 500gb $76

Is it safe to assume even i may get a slower chip, its still an above average drive over like kingston A2000 for example?

Solution
Get the 1TB Adata sx8200pro, I have the Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB and an Adata SX8200 Pro 1TB. Yes Adata switched the controller to a slightly cheaper one and no you shouldn't care. It's a very good drive, I currently use it as my boot drive as I needed to reinstall Windows so I switched my nvme's around so I could run two installs concurrently while I set everything up again. You will not notice any difference in performance compared to the Samsung or any other top end drive. This is still a fairly premium gen 3 nvme with all the bells and whistles like a DRAM cache and stuff like that. Yes it's a significantly better drive than the Kingston A2000. $90 is excellent for what your getting no need to make it complicated :)

I've used a...

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
Its known adata switches the components inside the ssd that i could never expect what i may get....

I am looking for more storage for games and if i get the sx8200 i will also use it for os . I have the following options:
2.5 inch MX500 1tb $80
Nvme sx8200pro 1tb $90 (500gb $60)
Nvme samsung970 500gb $76

Is it safe to assume even i may get a slower chip, its still an above average drive over like kingston A2000 for example?
I would get the larger 1TB MX 500 since your using it just for games.

You will never notice the speed difference

Get the 1TB Adata sx8200pro, I have the Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB and an Adata SX8200 Pro 1TB. Yes Adata switched the controller to a slightly cheaper one and no you shouldn't care. It's a very good drive, I currently use it as my boot drive as I needed to reinstall Windows so I switched my nvme's around so I could run two installs concurrently while I set everything up again. You will not notice any difference in performance compared to the Samsung or any other top end drive. This is still a fairly premium gen 3 nvme with all the bells and whistles like a DRAM cache and stuff like that. Yes it's a significantly better drive than the Kingston A2000. $90 is excellent for what your getting no need to make it complicated :)

I've used a fair number of SSD's, I tend to agree with the above you wont notice any difference for game load times for example between the MX500 or the SX8200 Pro or the Samsung 970 Evo. However given the small price difference its a no brainer to get the Adata.

Reactions: 721831101
Solution