Question Gamdias Talos E1 RGB Fan Question

May 24, 2019
So ive never built a pc with rgb fans in it and i bought this case that had two preinstalled and an LED button on the front panel so I assumed there was a controller included with the case but it seems as if theres only a fan hub and a cable off the fan hub that leads to some RGB connection with the system working and everything else connected including fan power the fans spin but there are no lights at all. My Motherboard doesnt have an rgb controller on it so i assumed id need one (even though the case is suppose to have built in rgb presets) so i bought a cheap molex RGB controller off amazon to see if it would make it work but after plugging it in still no lights at all. The case is a Gamdias Talos E1. I have a feeling like im just being dumb so if i am and there is some obvious answer to this please let me know cause i have been fiddling with it for days now.

Lutfij

Titan
List your full system's specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Also include the controller you sourced from Amazon. It'd be good if you can include a link to it to help explain more(without saying much).

+ According to your manual, you're going to need a compatible motherboard to avail the RGB on that case or a controller that accepts the connection. Might also want to include a pic of the connector you need to plug in for RGB. That being said, no, the case doesn't come with a controller for the fans.

May 24, 2019
List your full system's specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Also include the controller you sourced from Amazon. It'd be good if you can include a link to it to help explain more(without saying much).

+ According to your manual, you're going to need a compatible motherboard to avail the RGB on that case or a controller that accepts the connection. Might also want to include a pic of the connector you need to plug in for RGB. That being said, no, the case doesn't come with a controller for the fans.

Thanks for the quick reply

System Specs are

CPU: i5 3570
The motherboard I pulled from a dell optiplex 7010 I don't know the model
Ram: 3 sticks of 4gb Samgsung DDR3 Dimms
SSD: Kingston 120gb
HDD: WD Blue 500gb
GPU: MSI GTX 1060
PSU: EVGA 600 Watt 80+

The controller from amazon is here https://www.amazon.com/LEDdess-Rainbow-Controller-Strip-Remote/dp/B07JZCNPNV

These are the connectors that come off the fan hub they both come from the same cable
20190524-165338.jpg

Last edited:
May 24, 2019
That amazon controller does nothing when plugged in and any button on the remote is pressed. Would anyone be able to link me to a controller that would work?

Jun 8, 2020
Hey THR33, reviving this thread to ask if you ever got the RGB effects to work. I'm stuck at the same point, and unable to either a.find a compatible motherboard or b. make my current motherboard compatible. I'm not assuming a controller is what I need, I'm hoping its more of a wiring harness or something. Let me know, thanks.