[SOLVED] Game audio stuttering

Jun 23, 2020
I've had some problems related to audio ever since i upgraded my motherboard to an ASROCK B550M PRO4 where the audio used to cut out, to which i solved by downloading the driver for it. The audio would work but the headphones and speakers that i have plugged into my pc are both recognised as one device: Speakers (Realtek(R) Audio).
The audio will work for any media website like youtube or netflix, but when i try to play games like halo mcc or overwatch my audio constantly stutters and cuts off and on again. I also noticed that on discord it would sometimes pop up with a message about a new device is plugged in and then it would go away a second later.
Any ideas on what the problem is and how i could fix it would be greatly appreciated thanks.

Solution
Try and just keep either the headphones or the speakers plugged in one at a time and see if the issue persists.

When you upgraded you mobo did you reinstall windows? If not youll want to start there. The issue is regardless of what Microsoft says driver issues/conflicts will arise if you dont do a clean install of windows when you switch mobos/chipsets.
Try and just keep either the headphones or the speakers plugged in one at a time and see if the issue persists.

When you upgraded you mobo did you reinstall windows? If not youll want to start there. The issue is regardless of what Microsoft says driver issues/conflicts will arise if you dont do a clean install of windows when you switch mobos/chipsets.

Solution
Jun 23, 2020

will do thanks for the suggestion

Jun 23, 2020

I reinstalled windows and tried only using one jack and it still stutters and cuts off when i tried playing overwatch
i think my front panel audio jack is broken as my audio works completely fine on the back panel