Sean

Any ideas why only some xbox games backup fine onto DVD-RW and others do
not? I geniunly try and make backups of all my games so that my originals
are out of harms way e.g getting stepped and scratched etc... I've had a
number of games that have gotten damaged acidentially. As an example my
backup of Pro Evo 4 works fine but Burnout 4 does not (starts to load but
then quickly comes up to say the disc may be damaged). I use the same media
and create the ISO's the same each time. Any ideas?

Sean.

Sean wrote:
> Any ideas why only some xbox games backup fine onto DVD-RW and others
do
> not? I geniunly try and make backups of all my games so that my
originals
> are out of harms way e.g getting stepped and scratched etc...

Why backup games since they can't be played on an Xbox? Seems like a
waste of a blank DVD.

Sean wrote:
> Any ideas why only some xbox games backup fine onto DVD-RW and others do
> not? I geniunly try and make backups of all my games so that my originals
> are out of harms way e.g getting stepped and scratched etc... I've had a
> number of games that have gotten damaged acidentially. As an example my
> backup of Pro Evo 4 works fine but Burnout 4 does not (starts to load but
> then quickly comes up to say the disc may be damaged). I use the same media
> and create the ISO's the same each time. Any ideas?

Well, try to burn them on a DVD-R instead of a RW, iv'e heard that some
xbox's have problems reading some games from RW... just an idea...

> Sean.

The combination of media and your DVD model will result in read success or
failure.

"Robert P Holley" <holleyrp@delanet.com> wrote in message
> Sean wrote:
>> Any ideas why only some xbox games backup fine onto DVD-RW and others
> do
>> not?

DVD backups can be hit and miss. Try DVD-Rs instead of RWs, find a brand
that works and stick with it. You'll still get the occasional clunker.

> Why backup games since they can't be played on an Xbox? Seems like a
> waste of a blank DVD.

They work on a modded X-Box.

- Cryo

Sean

But as an experiment on media I used the exact same disc for Pro Evo 4 and
it works fine. It's not the xbox dasboard dirty disc error that comes up.
It actually begins to load for a split second then brings up a bit of white
text in the middle of the screen saying the disc may be damaged?