[SOLVED] Game blue screened computer now my main monitor is really bright and blurry

Grayy_

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2015
So I was play NEED FOR SPEED HEAT doing the first mission and about 2 minutes in it blue screened my PC and when it rebooted my main Dell monitor is really bright and the righting is really blurry and weird. Anyone know how to fix this? its still in the native resolution and at 165hz?

edit: Uninstalling the drivers fixed it for a slight second, but then it went back to this bright blurriness straight after

Last edited:
Solution
Uninstalling the drivers fixed it for a slight second
it's possible the GPU was damaged when the crash occurred but unlikely.
the fact that resetting drivers temporarily fixed the problem leads more towards driver corruption.

first i would try a different display and see if it still occurs.
if not, then maybe just the color/contrast profile has been altered on the Dell display.
use any available monitor OSD menu to customize the settings.

if colors and edges are still off on different display;
remove all graphics related data with DDU in Safe Mode.
then reinstall the latest package from Nvidia or AMD.
Uninstalling the drivers fixed it for a slight second
the fact that resetting drivers temporarily fixed the problem leads more towards driver corruption.

if not, then maybe just the color/contrast profile has been altered on the Dell display.

Reactions: helper800
Solution

Grayy_

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2015

My second monitor is still fine so I dont know. Ive tried playing with color and brightness but nothiong semms to be working. im not sure what else to try. i uninstalled drivers compltely and reinstalled and it still goes back to this very bright and blurry writing.

Grayy_

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2015
Changing the HDR from GameHDR to DesktopHDR seems to have done the trick but I dont understand why?
And something still feels off about it, the monitor doesnt feel as responsive in DesktopHDR or something

Grayy_

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2015
Windows 10 has pretty bad HDR support and neither of those monitors are really good enough brightness wise to make a difference with HDR enabled. I would just turn HDR off with those particular monitors.
yeah i completely turned it off mate, seems to have done the trick. that was weird I dont even know how i thought about HDR :D

Appreciate your help mate

Grayy_

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2015
Well if you have another problem come post back and we can help you out. I was just trying to fix your monitor issue. Your bluescreen was probably related but this most likely did not solve the underlying issue that cause the BSOD.
I have a feeling it could be my RAM that I have OCd but it hasnt blue screened in months so I cant be sure. thanks again

that was weird I dont even know how i thought about HDR
i had some similar issue with HDR in Windows with an MSI monitor.
colors would appear washed out with some software and some sites, brightness would be off, and other options that just didn't look correct and would constantly have to be altered depending on what i was viewing.

turning it off in Windows and only enabling it in certain games was the best option.

my LG CX TV has no issues at all in Windows though.
i would guess it's still just early hardware vs software issues with certain devices.