Question Game continually crashes - before and after replacing the GPU.

Sep 12, 2024
So recently within the last month or so, I did a complete upgrade from my last gaming rig. Since the day it booted almost any time I am playing a game, it will randomly freeze and then crash, sometimes it takes 5 minutes others it will last 30 mins. In some cases hours before it decides to crash and freeze. All other applications are fine its only the game that I am actively playing that chooses to have an issue. I was wondering if maybe it was a RAM issue at first so reseated both sticks and the issue persists. When I first ordered all the parts I built the computer using my old GPU (Radeon 580), but now I have installed the new GPU and the crash/freeze is still happening.

Part List:
CPU: Ryzen 7 7800x3d
GPU: Strix 4080 Super
POWER: Corsair RM850 Gold
RAM: Vengeance 32gb DDR5-6000 CL36 (2 16gb sticks)
MOBO: Strix B650-A Wifi ATX AM5
Storage: MP600 Pro LPX 2 TB m.2, AND the old SSD/HDD from my old computer
Case: Lian li 011 EVO ATX

The only parts that ended up being reused in the end are the SSD and HDD, all other parts are brand new.

Worth to mention:
1. I have reseated both sticks of ram,
2. I am running Windows 11
3. I have updated all drivers for parts
4. Reinstalled the games

Any information or suggestions are greatly appreciated, as I've no clue what's wrong. My apologies for the lack of information to go off of, I will try to compile more as the crashes/freezing persists.

Jul 10, 2024
1. You can use HW Monitor to check GPU temps while gaming to see if it's too hot.
2. You can go into 'Services' and disable 'GameInput' service and reboot, then try a game that was causing issues.
3. You can try booting into 'Safe Mode with Networking' and see if you can start a game that would normally give you trouble. Try these and let me know how you go. Cheers.