Question Game crash, black screen, no visual input detected. Discord and youtube works fine and can hear and talk. Computer unresponsive otherwise

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 27, 2020
Cant find a problem like mine. Ive tried many things from different forums and none work.

First time it happened:
Symptoms
  • Both monitors go blank/dark, they say no input detected
  • Youtube or game sounds continue like normal, discord works as well and i can hear everything my friends say. I can even talk to them. But game is unresponsive (In terms of sound queues. Cant fire gun. Sounds still going on). Doesnt fix itself if i wait.

Only solutions to fix the problem when it occurs is to:

1. Force shut down
This esp sucks when im playing competitive

2. Press win + L.
If i do this fast enough, the computer locks and when i log back in the game has crashed (black unresponsive window)
Somestimes, if csgo is the one that crashes, it will have the message "csgo engine error customweapon_vs30 computer crashing" or something like that.
Reinstalling the files doesnt fix it always. The fix that worked was to uninstall steam, install csgo, crashed one more time, delete the customweapon_vs30 file and revalidating the files.

After i did that this issue didnt appear until a while later.

I installed epic games launcher and installed the game "The Cycle" because i heard good things about it and wanted to try it out. Then this same problem has happened again. I really dont want to reuninstall and reinstall all my games on steam. I suspect that its not a software but the root cause is of a hardware problem.

I've had problems with this pc in particular before, but ive had the entire thing replaced one for one. I honestly dont know whats wrong with this thing. Is it my D drive where i installed my games screwed up or something? Like a certain address just corrupts the file data or smth?

This is exceptionally annoying so can someone help?

PSU shouldnt be a problem. I purposely bought a good one to avoid damaging pc parts.

16gb ram
Cpu ryzen 3600
Gpu 5700xt

Jan 27, 2020
Full system specs please, including make and model of PSU.

Motherboard: AMD - ASROCK B450M PRO4 F
CPU: AMD RYZEN 5 3600 | 4.2 GHZ | 6 Cores 12 Threads
GPU: ASROCK RADEON RX 5700XT 8GB GDDR6 (Challenger OC Edition)
RAM: 16GB DDR4 3200 Mhz Memory ( 2X8GB | Dual Channel )
PSU: EVGA 650W GD GOLD/FSP HYDRO GD 650W
Cooling fans: INTEL / AMD stock cooling fan solution
Hard drives:
SSD: 512GB M.2 NVME ULTRA FAST SSD (Not sure whats the brand.)
HDD: 1TB 7200RPM HDD (Not sure whats the brand)

Gpu 5700xt
When you get in the black screen state you can try pressing 'ctrl-shift-winkey-B' to restart the video driver. It sometimes helps.

Turning off Enhanced Sync can help prevent it. If you already have, you also might try going back to the 12.1 drivers, or before the 2020 Adrenalin Edition came out. I did a 'drivers only' install that fixed the 'black screens' and simply avoid any problems with Radeon Settings.

Last edited:
Jan 27, 2020
When you get in the black screen state you can try pressing 'ctrl-shift-winkey-B' to restart the video driver. It sometimes helps.

Turning off Enhanced Sync can help prevent it. If you already have, you also might try going back to the 12.1 drivers, or before the 2020 Adrenalin Edition came out. I did a 'drivers only' install that fixed the 'black screens' and simply avoid any problems with Radeon Settings.

Im trying out the enhanced sync tip and so far after 40 mins its fine, still early though.

Thanks for the advice!

Jan 27, 2020
Unchecking the enhanced sync didnt work, just crashed as well.

When it crashes/hangs, the computer remains responsive for a short while and then dies. I have a short window of 0.5-2 seconds of control before it dies. I tried the 'ctrl-shift-winkey-B' but it didnt work, though it could be im just too slow.

Status
Not open for further replies.