Question Game crashed and now pc is lagging a lot. Please help!

Jan 27, 2020
Hello! I was playing a videogame, and suddenly it stopped working. My pc has always been working smooth for everything, but now every game I open, it's lagging. I checked it with the UserBenchMark app, here is the link:

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/24119454
I can see some poor performance specially in RAM and not that much in GPU, but not sure how to solve it.

It is a laptop, I have never opened it or changed anything hardware related. Two years old. I use to run CCleaner, MalwareBytes... It has always worked perfectly. Windows 10. Restored to a week ago, so it's not some update's fault.

Update: For some reason, I can't find that option to enable the XMP profile in the BIOS, but I selected "optimized defaults" and it's working as usual, although UBM is still showing low performance.

Last edited:

Dcopymope

Prominent
BANNED
Aug 13, 2018
Hello! I was playing a videogame, and suddenly it stopped working. My pc has always been working smooth for everything, but now every game I open, it's lagging. I checked it with the UserBenchMark app, here is the link:

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/24119454
I can see some poor performance specially in RAM and not that much in GPU, but not sure how to solve it.

It is a laptop, I have never opened it or changed anything hardware related. Two years old. I use to run CCleaner, MalwareBytes... It has always worked perfectly. Windows 10. Restored to a week ago, so it's not some update's fault.

First thing I'd do is buy another 8 gbs of ram and enable the XMP profile in the bios. If you don't know how to install ram yourself, there are plenty of videos on Youtube showing you how, or just take it to the service department at Best Buy or something and have them do it for you. While we're at it, you should also make sure you have the latest bios version as well.

Link: Enabling the XMP profile

Hello! I was playing a videogame, and suddenly it stopped working. My pc has always been working smooth for everything, but now every game I open, it's lagging. ...
Have you checked your GPU, CPU system temperatures?
Try HWMonitor to check them.
https://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor-pro.html

Could you post your laptop model & specs.
Test your disk for errors.
Did the issue appear after restoring Windows 10?

Last edited:
Jan 27, 2020
First thing I'd do is buy another 8 gbs of ram and enable the XMP profile in the bios. If you don't know how to install ram yourself, there are plenty of videos on Youtube showing you how, or just take it to the service department at Best Buy or something and have them do it for you. While we're at it, you should also make sure you have the latest bios version as well.

Link: Enabling the XMP profile

Thanks for your answer. For some reason, I can't find that option to enable the XMP profile, but I selected "optimized defaults" and it's working as usual, although UBM is showing low performance again. Do you think I can't enable it because my BIOS is not updated? And, is there any way to improve my GPU performance too? Thank you so much!

Jan 27, 2020
Have you checked your GPU, CPU system temperatures?
Try HWMonitor to check them.
https://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor-pro.html

Could you post your laptop model 7 specs.
Test your disk for errors.
Did the issue appear after restoring Windows 10?

Yes, I use to monitorize them through MSI Dragon Center. They use to be very high while playing which, to be honest, scares me a bit (85-95ºC).
What do you mean with laptop model 7 specs?
It started before restoring W10, but I restored it in case that some update was causing it. Turnet out this was not the case.

Thank you for your answer!

Yes, I use to monitorize them through MSI Dragon Center. They use to be very high while playing which, to be honest, scares me a bit (85-95ºC).
What do you mean with laptop model 7 specs?
It started before restoring W10, but I restored it in case that some update was causing it. Turnet out this was not the case.

Thank you for your answer!
Sorry
Could you post your laptop model & specs.