Question Game crashed then my monitor suddenly lost signal

Vxlite

Commendable
Jul 1, 2021
So I was playing Valorant today and as I was playing spike rush mode the game crashed as soon as the round started. The game exited with no error displays. I reconnected again for the second time and that's when the game crashed again and the screen went black and I heard this buzzing sound that went along with the crash. As the game crashed the monitor simultaneously lost signal. Is this a gpu issue or a psu issue? Pls help

Specs:
R3 2200g
A320m v1 Gigabyte
Seasonic s12ii 620W 80+ bronze
16gb HyperX ram (2x8gb)

Note: I game using R3 APU which is Vega 8. I have an rx 570 but since my games were crashing recently with it, I presumed there was something wrong with the gpu so I took it out.

David0ne86

Prominent
Mar 11, 2021
The psu might actually be the problem since it showed problems with the 570 too. Can you plug the 570 back in, uninstall/reinstall drivers using the ddu method and run some benchmarks/stress test like superposition/uniengine heaven benchmarks and aida64 (they are free so don't worry) and see what happens?

Reactions: Vxlite

Vxlite

Commendable
Jul 1, 2021
The psu might actually be the problem since it showed problems with the 570 too. Can you plug the 570 back in, uninstall/reinstall drivers using the ddu method and run some benchmarks/stress test like superposition/uniengine heaven benchmarks and aida64 (they are free so don't worry) and see what happens?
I actually did what u stated here a few months back. With superposition, temps were normal and never had any crashes. Games would run fine for like 2 weeks until another crash happens with no error display (just crash to desktop). The crashes started way back in December of last year. Played Metro Exodus and somewhere along the following weeks a crash would occur. Ever since then, I reinstalled drivers using DDU, cleaned the pc, took care of corrupted files, and even reformatted the pc. But the crashes would still happen after a few weeks. Because of this I thought the GPU was the problem, but a part of me was thinking that the psu might be the problem. I remembered reading a forum about how a guy switched his 8-pin connector with the other 8-pin connector of his psu and his games never crashed again. I did the same and it worked for some time, but the crashes occurred again after like a month.

So I took the GPU out just recently and decided to use the APU. The problem still persists now but with my APU.