Game crashes 9800pro blue screen ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bebeto94

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2004
I have recently been having major problems with my favourite game (Pro Evolution Soccer 3 by Konami) .Ever since i bought my ATI built Radeon 9800 pro the game keeps crashing after approx 10 - 15 mins of playing it . The whole screen goes blue with a load of white scibbles all over it like Egyptian Hyrogliphics then the machine restarts itself !! Whenever i send an error report to microsoft they tell me the crash was caused by a device driver but thats as specific as they get . I used to run the 3.8 catalyst driver on this card but found out that this can cause the card to overheat so i purchased an artic cooling system which fits onto my 9800 pro and does make a difference to the temp of the card .I also changed drivers back to 3.7 and then to the latest 4.3 but still no difference (i used the driver cleaner to uninstall my ati drivers before i changed catalyst versions) .Im only guessing its the card or driver as it all seemed to coincide with the fitting of this card and im sure i read somewhere that the card shutdown screen was a blue one . If anyone can help me with this problem i would be very grateful , cheers
System
Abit KV7 motherboard
1 Gigabyte 400ddr ram
Sata via raid (2 x seagate barracudas SATA raid) 160GB total
Athlon 2800
ATI built Radeon 9800pro
Direct X 9
Windows XP Professional SP1

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Bebeto94 on 04/11/04 06:56 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

Oracle

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2002
An idea: Install Catalyst 4.4 and have a look at <A HREF="http://mirror.ati.com/support/issuetype/installation.html" target="_new">this</A>.

shaz

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2004
upgrade the drivers, if that doesnt help, go back to the original ones that came with the disc and turn off fast write(if its enabled) or turn it on (if its disabled), and make sure agp is either at 8x or 4x

Status
Not open for further replies.