[SOLVED] Game crashes and makes my PC restart

Dec 21, 2021
Hello,
currently I am (trying to) playing New World and get random crashes resulting in a restart of my PC.
All screens turn black, fans spinning at 100% and the PC restarts.
At first I was able to play and the game crashed only when playing in a zerg farming chests.
Now I can't even pass the loading screen. The game/my pc crashes instantly and restarts as soon as I select my character.

Hardware used:
  • CPU: Ryzen 9 3900x
  • GPU: Aorus 2080 TI Xtreme
  • MB: Aorus X570 Xtreme
  • RAM: 2x 16GB G.Skill TridentZ Neo (3600MHz)
  • PSU: be quiet! STRAIGHT POWER 11 CM 750W (gekauft im Januar 2020)
Things I tried:
  • uninstalled GPU drivers with DDU
  • updated chipset drivers
  • updated BIOS
  • testing memory with memtest86 (no errors)
  • removed my vertical gpu mount because I thought my riser cable could be defect
  • just uninstalled the game and downloading it right now
  • tested my GPU with FurMark (2 hours no crash)
I can't tell if the game crashes first or the PC restarts... could my PSU be defective?
Edit:
The Eventmanager has two entries
  1. Event-ID: 6008
  2. Event-ID: 41

Solution
That game acts odd with systems, it was killing GPUs not long ago, not sure if there was a fix for things yet.

If the system crashes only with that one game, it's not likely to be an issue with the video card or the PSU but with the game code and how it acts with the drivers.
Dec 21, 2021
So I just installed MSI Afterburner and lowered the Power Limit to 70%.
The game works fine now...
Could someone tell me what that means?
Is my GPU defective or is my PSU defective?

That game acts odd with systems, it was killing GPUs not long ago, not sure if there was a fix for things yet.

If the system crashes only with that one game, it's not likely to be an issue with the video card or the PSU but with the game code and how it acts with the drivers.

Reactions: notd0x
Solution