Question Game crashes and Screen Flicker/BSOD occcasionally

May 1, 2020
So I bought a rx5700xt a couple months back and really had few problems. But recently, over the past couple weeks, my game (rainbow six siege) has been crashing frequently, about once a day. Another thing that has started happening is this flicker on screen, looks like a defective monitor but with flicker, also it cant be my monitor, because it doesnt happen outside of the game. My gpu temps are around 65-80 while gaming. My specs are :

Asus B450 gaming-f
Ryzen 7 2700x
ROG Strix Rx 5700xt
650w gold certified PSU
16gb RAM

If anyone can tell me if this is a defective GPU or just a software problem that would be awesome! Thanks in advance!

Tigerhawk30

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2015
Building on fromtheveldt's comment...if you have actually tried to replicate with other games and it persists, you may want to prepare to RMA that card if it's still in warranty. That sounds pretty similar to what happened to mine around six months ago. Got a new one quickly through the RMA process, haven't had a problem since receiving the second one.

Mine would do something rather similar...only did it once a day but got more frequent over a couple of days. Eventually the GPU Debug light stayed solid and it never booted again.

TRENDING THREADS