Game crashes, black screen, not restarting, loud fan noises

nishaljoseph.1

Prominent
Feb 9, 2018
Hey, I have a problem... Everytime I play fortnite, i get into a game and it crashes for some strange reasons. Then, the screen goes black and my PC turns into a jet engine. Pls find a way to fix this. It has been a week since I built this PC.

Solution

My bad. I assumed when you said "it crashes" you were referring to the PC. If it is the game, then try a BIOS update, or go for updated drivers. Reinstall Fortnite, could be a corrupt install.

nishaljoseph.1

Prominent
Feb 9, 2018
CPU: Ryzen 1200 @3.8Ghz 1.28V
Motherboard: Asrock AB350 Pro 4
RAM: Team Vulcan 4x2 2400hz
PSU: Thermaltake 550W TR2 Series
GPU: Asus GTX 1060 (3GB) Dual Series
Storage: 1TB Western Digital Blue

It happened again yesterday, I realised my monitor didn't pick up any signals from the GPU so installed the drivers for it (I was too excited that I built my first PC that I just forgot). I didn't do any tests yet but I will do it later today. I will keep you updated.

G

Ok. By the way, I'm not completely sure but you might want to ask the power supply experts on how good quality your PSU is because after doing a bit of quick looking on it I stumbled on some threads calling it tier 5 (not good). It might not be but yeah, just in case it can ruin your parts.

G

And you can search up PSU tier lists and they'll tell you which ones are good and which ones are less good and which ones are crap.

nishaljoseph.1

Prominent
Feb 9, 2018
I contacted Thermaltake and they still have not replied. If it is the PSU, wouldn't the entire PC just shut down? I also checked some other forums, they had the same problem and a bios update fixed the problem. I didn't update the bios so that might be the cause too.

My bad. I assumed when you said "it crashes" you were referring to the PC. If it is the game, then try a BIOS update, or go for updated drivers. Reinstall Fortnite, could be a corrupt install.

Solution

nishaljoseph.1

Prominent
Feb 9, 2018
I have tested the PC after I installed the drivers and updated the BIOS. Everything is going great. I will still follow your advice and check out the PSU. And I will also inform you if it happens later on. But, I hope it doesn't happen.