Game crashes? Heres a tip, Check your Memory First..

Having run different systems with different cards over a few years, it
turned out now I wasted many hours trying to fix problems when games would
lock up. If your game locks up, check your memory first.

Yea, I just pulled a 256meg stick failed a memory test program and a lot of
random problems have disappeared.

"ZBK" <bish@netspace.net.au> wrote in message
> Having run different systems with different cards over a few years, it
> turned out now I wasted many hours trying to fix problems when games would
> lock up. If your game locks up, check your memory first.

What memory test program did you use that actually found a memory error? I
have isolated bad memory from program failures but was never able to run a
test program to prove the memory defective.

"pjp" <pjp_is_located_at_@_hotmail_._com> wrote in message
> Yea, I just pulled a 256meg stick failed a memory test program and a lot
of
> random problems have disappeared.
>
> "ZBK" <bish@netspace.net.au> wrote in message
> > Having run different systems with different cards over a few years, it
> > turned out now I wasted many hours trying to fix problems when games
would
> > lock up. If your game locks up, check your memory first.

Guardian

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2004

"Confidential" <ourhaus_REMOVE_TO_REPLY_@pacbell.net> wrote in message
> What memory test program did you use that actually found a memory error?
> have isolated bad memory from program failures but

Memtest is the best program that I know of for finding errors.... check the
link below

http://memtest.org/

I have tried Memtest previously and run it for hours and hours to no avail.
Thanks for the info anyway.