Question Game Crashes (Multiple) NEW PC BUILD

jerusalem

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2010
New PC:
WIN 10 HOME 64-bit (Auto updates complete)
COUGAR PANZER EVO RGB CASE
GIGABYTE AORUS MASTER Z390 MOTHERBOARD (F10 BIOS)
INTEL CORE I7-9700K CPU (STANDARD VOLTAGES NO OC)
32GB 3200MHZ GSKILL TRIDENT Z DDR4 RAM
CORSAIR RM850X PSUPPLY
EVGA GEFORCE GTX TITAN (DRIVER 441.08 latest)
2x Asus VG248 Monitors hooked up to DVI-I and DVI-D on Titan

I first tried playing the new COD MW and crash every 1-2 multiplayer games with a DEV ERROR 6068 or 6070 which sounds like a common occurrence and issue.

I then tried playing Apex legends and would crash either mid game or at the end of the game. Most often the crashes are occurring during post-game screens where it is waiting to start the next match.

Then I went to tried and true overwatch and it was running fine but eventually during a post-game XP screen it did crash, although not as hard as the other 2 games. It just closed and returned me to desktop.

Errors I have encountered in Apex are D3D device hung.
It would appear to be a direct X issue? I know I have an older video card but it doesn't seem to have any issues until I put it in this new build (everything worked fine on my old sandy bridge PC) so I am guessing it is a software issue.

I have disabled things like nvidia overlay.
I installed all of the drivers from Gigabyte website although I have not installed APP CENTER which has a bunch of their weird bells and whistles (this seemed unnecessary)
Maybe I have missed something that would cause these sorts of errors?

When I crash in modern warfare it also crashes the battle.net launcher and if I have icue open it also crashes that (I have sense attempted to play with icue exited and nvidia overlay offf)

I have tried installing

.net framework updates
windows is all up to date
visual C++ redistributables

This is the same video card as I had in my old PC with no issues in games so I am thinking it must be something to do with the new config or something I missed during initial setup or just a gap that needs filling in software or settings. Hopefully someone has experienced something like this before and has some advice. Thank you.

jerusalem

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2010
Tried 1 monitor already and still had the same issues. Yesterday after changing only nvidia control panel to "Let the 3D application decide" on image settings the COD MW worked for over an hour and I exited the game for once as normal. I then played Ark for a few hours and then hard crash of the game. Then later that night I was just browsing using firefox and nothing else and HARD computer crash... very odd. Today I am looking at my GPU (GTX TITAN) Idle temps are showing about 65C which is high but I can't imagine what changed.

I'm just scratchin my head over here. I will get a new vid card black friday/cyber monday most likely and I'm hoping maybe that fixes something. But I would really like to figure out if I am missing some drivers or just missing some setting in here before I do that.

I'm having a lot of trouble finding a solution to these issues, I can find plenty of people complaining about similar issues but NO solutions. Anything you guys can think to try is helpful. Thank you.

jerusalem

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2010
Having driver crash issues on a new build. This is all new hardware and the only thing I carried over from my last PC was the GTX Titan Graphics card which had no issues on my old PC.

Full event description when this occurs. The system hangs for a 30s-1m and usually recovers after. Happens during gaming mostly but sometimes when exiting a game.

The description for Event ID 14 from source nvlddmkm cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

\Device\Video3
0c83(1870) 00000000 00000000

The message resource is present but the message was not found in the message table

Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus Master (F10 BIOS)
CPU: Intel i7 9700K
RAM: G.skill trident z RGB 2x16GB 3200MHz
PSU: Corsair RM850x
Case: Cougar Panzer EVO RGB
Graphics: EVGA GeForce GTX Titan

I am really scratching my head on this one. I just got done reinstalling windows from scratch and downloaded all mobo drivers from gigabyte website and installed them. I also unplugged my second monitor and am still having the same issue.

I can't think of anything I have missed. But currently this expensive PC build is almost worthless with these crashes. I hope it is something simple I missed.

The failure seems to be the nvidia driver failing but I can not find a solution to this issue. It is difficult because it is a new build and the card worked on my last system. I assumed it was some software settings being off but I can not narrow it down.

Please offer some suggestions if you can think of anything.

jerusalem

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2010
ah think it is that simple? windows 10 installed DCH drivers for my card and now I can't write over them? the driver I downloaded from nvidia.com even if it is WHQL is standard driver correct?

jerusalem

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2010
Overwatch is now giving me the error: Your rendering device has been lost.

Event viewer just shows: Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered.

jerusalem

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2010
Got this again. What the hell could be causing this on a brand new build? It is driving me insane. Should I just start shipping parts back and trying new ones?

The description for Event ID 14 from source nvlddmkm cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

\Device\Video3
0c83(1870) 00000000 00000000

The message resource is present but the message was not found in the message table

jerusalem

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2010
Sorry for the spam I have engaged with nvidia support (they are surprisingly nice even though I have a GTX Titan I bought from EVGA in 2013) they sent me 2 steps to attempt.
1) nvidia control panel 3d settings -> manage 3d settings -> program settings tab and manually change the program (games) power management mode to Prefer Maximum Performance
Testing now.
*EDIT: DID NOT WORK MOVING TO 2)

2) regedit
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/System/CurrentControlSet/Control/GraphicsDrivers
right-click new -> DWORD (32-bit) Name it: TdrDelay -> double click it -> Set it to A (hexadecimal) or 10 (decimal).

Trying option 1 now and testing. If that doesn't work I will attempt the Tdr delay. Will update with results. Thank you for replies.

Last edited: