Game crashes to desktop no error

Jul 6, 2018
Hello,

My games are crashing to my desktop. Fortnite, Rainbow Six, Battlefield One. I have reset my windows and re-downloaded my graphic drivers also. I can't find the issue.

Hardware:
PSU: Seasonic SSR-550RM 550W 80 PLUS Gold
CPU: Intel Core i5-7500 Kaby Lake Processor 3.4GHz
Motherboard: MSI B250 PC MATE LGA 1151 Intel B250 HDMI SATA 6Gb
SSD: Crucial MX300 M.2 2280 525GB SATA III 3D
GPU: GeForce GTX 1080 Turbo

Solution
I would suggest doing two things.. Game with the Task manager in the background, that way when the game crashes you can see if something is at 100% (IE CPU/GPU/disks/ram). If that doesn't reveal anything your next course of action I'd recommend would be using a tool (freely downloadable or part of your gfx driver suite possibly) to monitor temps. Video card temp, but also cpu temp/motherboard.. Could be something is heating up causing failure - This would, for video generally result in laggy play and possibly artifacting/defects on screen though, but not always. CPU overheat could also cause laggy play..

In addition, are you at the computer, playing the game actively? If ya walk away with some redicolous sleep setting with one...
May 18, 2018

Try Testing Other Games Like - Just Cause 3, GTA V and some others. If happens again then Try Testing with Another GPU. :)
But If still happens even after changing GPU then There is a Problem With Your Game Files and Settings.

Jul 6, 2018

I don't have a second gpu to use. But this happens on GTA V as well.

exit151

Prominent
Jul 8, 2018
I would suggest doing two things.. Game with the Task manager in the background, that way when the game crashes you can see if something is at 100% (IE CPU/GPU/disks/ram). If that doesn't reveal anything your next course of action I'd recommend would be using a tool (freely downloadable or part of your gfx driver suite possibly) to monitor temps. Video card temp, but also cpu temp/motherboard.. Could be something is heating up causing failure - This would, for video generally result in laggy play and possibly artifacting/defects on screen though, but not always. CPU overheat could also cause laggy play..

In addition, are you at the computer, playing the game actively? If ya walk away with some redicolous sleep setting with one of those eco-friendly power saving modes, that might end your game too (though usually it just shuts off the monitor and live goes on).. Just throwing it out as an option - Maybe you've got the one PC that has a driver/firmware issue with something, lol.. Other than that, I'd try looking for ANY game that has logs you can look to. Don't know what's in your aresonel of game titles, but try and find something that creates logs, then you can see why it's closing.

Oh..

Actually, you could also try looking at the Computer Management->Event Viewer and look through the windows logs as well as the application and services logs.. Maybe you'll get lucky and (if it's game related) the company will have done their job and left ya a breadcrumb as to what happened, or maybe windows did it for them.. Either way, it's something else you can check.

Good luck!

Solution
Jul 6, 2018

Nothing reaches 100% and nothing is overheating. I can try changing the sleep mode and see if anything happens. I've also looked and found nothing in the event viewer, other then distributedCOM but that is not at the same time as the crashing.