Question Game crashes when Gpu power goes high

Jun 8, 2020
Hello guys, I am in a weird state actually. Day before yesterday I turned Onn my PC, but it won't show anything. I had opened the case and and took the cmos out. It started well. When I try to do some gaming I got lost of blue screen or BSOD. Some of them were irql not less or equal. Event tracing failure and a lot. Prior to tht day everything was fine. I thought it was a windows issue, so I installed the new windows 10 2004 version from Microsoft. It was rather one of my mistake. It got me into more problem. Blue screen. I have noticed the GPU wattage gets too low around 50w and utilisation around 20percent, this makes the game run too slow until it crashes without any error or sometimes blue screen. Irql not less or equal. I googled it out and i found tht new windows update has lots of fault. Soon I installed my old Windows image file. I mean Windows 10 2016 version pro N. I kno it has got lack of some media feature pack I can download. Still when I play games like world war z and any games like odyssey it crashes after 5minute or so. I am really depressed right now. I kno it must be a hardware fault but which component. I did ram test it was fine. Please help my. If this a PSU problem or anything. Gpu CPU I have no idea.
My specks
CPU : amd ryzen 5 1600 (no oc)
Motherboard : Asus ex a320 gaming
Gpu: sapphire pulse rx580 8gb
Ram: 16gb ddr4 3000mhz
Psu : cooler master Mwe 550
Windows10 Pro n currently.

Ferimer

Distinguished
EFFICIENCY85% @ Typical Load thats in its specs meaning you are getting 467.5w give or take.

However it also hard to determine what the exact issue is, You went ahead and did a lot of uneccesary steps and now its going to be hard to determine exactly where you went wrong

Reactions: Mehfoozech

gamenadez

Commendable
Feb 17, 2018
It has nothing to do with PSU..

I Had that problem before on my HTPC Saphire Pulse RX 580, Randomly I get BSOD Screen.

The Solution I found was reformat my computer. As I do not want to lost any files on HDD. SO I bought cheap 250GB SSD and Install Fresh windows 10 on it (Windows 10 Pro Version 1904).

Jun 8, 2020
Should I change the PSU. I don't understand but it's happening a lot of time. But prior to the latest Windows install that is pro n I was having issues with the GPU power. When it tries to take around 124w or more in intensive period, it goes down to 50watts and same for utilisation. Finally it crashes. It might not get enough power maybe. Is tht so. The PSU is only 1year old

Ferimer

Distinguished
It has nothing to do with PSU..

I Had that problem before on my HTPC Saphire Pulse RX 580, Randomly I get BSOD Screen.

The Solution I found was reformat my computer. As I do not want to lost any files on HDD. SO I bought cheap 250GB SSD and Install Fresh windows 10 on it (Windows 10 Pro Version 1904).
The end all be all solution would be to reinstall a clean version of windows.

Ferimer

Distinguished
Should I change the PSU. I don't understand but it's happening a lot of time. But prior to the latest Windows install that is pro n I was having issues with the GPU power. When it tries to take around 124w or more in intensive period, it goes down to 50watts and same for utilisation. Finally it crashes. It might not get enough power maybe. Is tht so. The PSU is only 1year old
when is the last time you cleaned your PC? It could also be dropping performance to high temperatures too. Have you checked to see if your PSU is blocked, what about your CPU what are the temperatures getting to ?

Reactions: Mehfoozech

gamenadez

Commendable
Feb 17, 2018
I clean my PC every week. It's super clean.

Dang...I see dust all over my monitor and desktop LoL..

The best way would be find a extra old GPU somewhere in your storage..Test it, If it crash. Then go for PSU, if crash then go for CPU, if it crash again. go for ram.. if it crash then its mobo.

to test ur ram.
try to remove 1 ram stick, play game if it crash, put it back then remove the other ram then play game.

EFFICIENCY85% @ Typical Load thats in its specs meaning you are getting 467.5w give or take.

However it also hard to determine what the exact issue is, You went ahead and did a lot of uneccesary steps and now its going to be hard to determine exactly where you went wrong
That's not how PSU ratings work. The ratings show how efficient a PSU can provide it's rated power. A 550w gold will waste less energy in the conversion than a 550w silver PSU. If they are both quality units they will provide the stated 550w

Ferimer

Distinguished
That's not how PSU ratings work. The ratings show how efficient a PSU can provide it's rated power. A 550w gold will waste less energy in the conversion than a 550w silver PSU. If they are both quality units they will provide the stated 550w
Youre right. The efficiency means that he would need to draw in more power up to a max of 550w. Under typical load. Just educated myself more on the topic. Thanks for pointing that out.

Jun 8, 2020
I don't kno should I take it to a store. Cuz I don't have enough extra stuffs. The question is if I use cheap gpu I have gt610 as a spare. It won't be able to run odyssey, even if. It won't take tht much power. So how can I justify whether the PSU is nt causing problem. 🙁

Ferimer

Distinguished
I don't kno should I take it to a store. Cuz I don't have enough extra stuffs. The question is if I use cheap gpu I have gt610 as a spare. It won't be able to run odyssey, even if. It won't take tht much power. So how can I justify whether the PSU is nt causing problem. 🙁
At this point with all that you've done its unclear what is causing the problem. Its obviously not software so its gotta be hardware. Perhaps a faulty storage drive. Maybe bad psu. You would need to run a diagnostics and have someone examine the files for you on what exactly is causing the problem

Jun 8, 2020
Guys recently I took my pc to the store where I bought the parts. There the thing was totally different. When they switched on the pc it won't show anything. Holy christ, The pc changes avatar every time. Anyways they checked it with other gpu it was gt 730 I guess I worked. Now they have sent my Gpu for warranty. I actually doubt how could be the fault of the GPU. They said tht they will take a month for processing the warranty processed. But I have one question. I had pasted a Casio Gshock machine on the side of the GPU. I took it out few weeks before. It got some stains of the glue. Will they give me warranty. I hope they won't coin it as physical damage. Any opinion regarding tht. Just a minute stain actually. Instead if they sent me Rx590 refurbished I would be happy.

Jun 8, 2020
Guys I am facing blue screens again. I have sent the rx580 for warranty. They said tht it was faulty. But even now I keep getting BSOD while I am on a music session on ableton. I don't kno wht making things total massy. I haven't received the GPU yet. I have used the gt 610, cuz r5 1600 doesn't have igpu....