Question Game crashing on new build?

Sep 15, 2021
After building my new PC, games are crashing my PC. No overheating as I am checking. Any ideas? GPU drivers up to date. Could my i9 11900k be too much for RX580 8GB? Sometimes I get tracing in game and then crashing or bright blotchy colours and then crashing and sometimes just crashing.

I reset Windows inside of Windows and removed files but kept my games on my D drive.

I did have Ryzen 5 3600 and Asus prime mother board

Now I have Intel i9 11900k and an ASUS Z490 Motherbaord
This is my RAM - Corsair CMK8GX4M1A2400C16

Crashing only happens when game is running. I have ran stress tests with no issues. I also get AMD Bug window pop up when this crash occurs, it freezes my whole PC.

I have also limited in game FPS to 60 and lowered all settings. I did manage one game of Warzone without it crashing, but sometimes happens within 5 minutes. The BIOS is also on the latest firmware.

I essentially carried across the Hard Drives, RAM and GPU. New mobo, PSU, CPU.

Last edited:
You need a CLEAN install of windows and not just a reset, the old chipset drivers etc from the AMD CPU are still in the system and causing havoc. Clean Windows install, update Chipset drivers for your new board.

Also What is your PSU? The Intel has a much double the power usage than the Ryzen 3600, are you sure the PSU can handle it and your GPU's needs ?

Sep 15, 2021
You need a CLEAN install of windows and not just a reset, the old chipset drivers etc from the AMD CPU are still in the system and causing havoc. Clean Windows install, update Chipset drivers for your new board.

Also What is your PSU? The Intel has a much double the power usage than the Ryzen 3600, are you sure the PSU can handle it and your GPU's needs ?
Sorry 850W PSU Corsair - shall I remove games from my D drive as well as clean Windows install on C drive?

Last edited: