Game - D Drive not reading files

I received Half-Life for Xmas, and when I load into the CD player and click
on D drive, nothing happens. When I look at the D Drive absolutly nothing
shows as content. Yet when I load onto my dads lap top it loads straight away.
I have used the MS Game System Scan and it tells me my Hardware is okay to
play the game?
Congratulations! Your computer is sufficient to play Half-Lifeâ„¢ Platinum
Edition 2!

What Do I do?

Minimum PC
Your PC Your PC has:
Processor: Intel Pentium 4 2394MHz
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200
Memory: 254MB
Free Disk Space: 62.76GB
Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP

"Peace123au" <Peace123au@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I received Half-Life for Xmas, and when I load into the CD player and click
> on D drive, nothing happens. When I look at the D Drive absolutly nothing
> shows as content. Yet when I load onto my dads lap top it loads straight
> away.
> I have used the MS Game System Scan and it tells me my Hardware is okay to
> play the game?
> Congratulations! Your computer is sufficient to play Half-LifeT Platinum
> Edition 2!

Few things:

Have you verified the drive works with other stuff? It could be a case of
needing a lens cleaner put through it.

My CD drive was playing up a bit the other day, just needed the cable being
jammed into it a bit harder. :cool:

Faulty disc, yes faulty discs can still "work" in some drives yet refuse in
others so that's an option.

--
Paul Smith,
Yeovil, UK.