[SOLVED] Game design/development specs

Oct 14, 2019
Hey guys i'm thinking of starting studying game development/design on an university. Can someone help me with what a pc for game design specs needs? 1400-2100€ budget( would love a build near 1500 and a 2nd build near 2000) thanks in advance

Solution
Nice build my friend! May i ask you, is 2,5 TB storage enough? Also won't asus Prime X470-Pro he a better option for MB? Thank you very much!

I just started off with 2TB since you can install the development engine and necessary plugins on the SSD, while storing assets and other files on the 2TB. As a student I don't think you'll be making super heavy games but if you do require more storage you can always upgrade storage space, such as buying a WD Red pro 4TB HDD.

And yes the x470 asus prime pro is also a valid option to go, it's 30$USD more but if the design makes you happier then by all means go for that option. That board reports to support the 3900x, so if you desire to upgrade to that one day you should be able to with...
Nice build my friend! May i ask you, is 2,5 TB storage enough? Also won't asus Prime X470-Pro he a better option for MB? Thank you very much!

I just started off with 2TB since you can install the development engine and necessary plugins on the SSD, while storing assets and other files on the 2TB. As a student I don't think you'll be making super heavy games but if you do require more storage you can always upgrade storage space, such as buying a WD Red pro 4TB HDD.

And yes the x470 asus prime pro is also a valid option to go, it's 30$USD more but if the design makes you happier then by all means go for that option. That board reports to support the 3900x, so if you desire to upgrade to that one day you should be able to with the latest BIOs.

With the x470 however you'll need to make sure you manually set your XMP overclock for any RAM speeds above 2666MHz

Last edited:
Solution