Question Game FPS Stuttering/drop/freezing

tosbourne88

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2016
Hello all,
Trying to find out what is causing my issues with the game. Happens in other games but not to the extent that it happens in final fantasy XV. Recently upgrade some components. I will leave a list of components on the bottom. Seems to be worst when there are multiple enemies and a lot going on on the screen. Game settings are set to high, which my system should be able to handle. GPU and CPU usage and temps stay low. Max GPU is around 65%, about the same for CPU. Ram usuage is in the 50% range on avg. Disabled any in game overlays through steam and Nvidia. Disabled the 4 Nvidia hair works, etc settings in game. Have FPS set to 60. Drops to 20 when multiple enemy fights and occasional drops to 0 for a second or so when it freezes. I also shutdown any software running in the background that is not needed. Only things running are for the GPU and corsair can software. Here are my specs
Motherboard : Asus TUF Sabertooth Z190 Mark 1
CPU - Intel I7-6700K
Ram - 2x8GB
GPU - Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super
Corsair RMx 850i Power Supply
Samsung 500GB SSD running game and system. Have HDD and SDD drives, but the game is on the samsung SSD
Corsair H115i CPU AIO
Windows 10 64bit Pro

Any ideas?

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
Yeah to have drops like that is crazy with those build specs.
If you were having frame drops before it would lead me to consider other places than what you just changed.
Have your run memtest to see if there are any problems there?

When you upgraded to 10 was it a fresh install or a "keep your files and settings" upgrade in place?

tosbourne88

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2016
If you were having frame drops before it would lead me to consider other places than what you just changed.

When you upgraded to 10 was it a fresh install or a "keep your files and settings" upgrade in place?
Fresh Install of windows 10. I will run a memtest when I get home and see what it shows

tosbourne88

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2016

Noticed today that I was incorrect about the CPU usage. It spikes to 100 percent causing the stutters. I ran the benchmark tool for final fantasy and it scored very high. CPU usage is only at 5 percent when I open the game. I dont think my cpu is the issue. I turned the graphics way down and the cpu usage would still spike to 100 percent. Any thoughts?

TRENDING THREADS