[SOLVED] Game freezes after 2 seconds

exDeee

Commendable
Jun 18, 2017
Long story short , i opened rainbow six siege and it goes for 2 seconds and then just freezes until i alt tab , in the split second while im alt tabbing i can see it move again and then when im on my desktop and open it again it runs for 2 seconds and freezes again , same thing with league of legends (in league of legends it resolved it self after a couple of freezes but was running like <Mod Edit> , the fps was 200 or so but lag was still very noticable , fixed the lag by going borderless)
Edit : cant believe i missed this detail , but theres a fast beeping sound and then it goes away... So idk what thats indicating
Ive been thinking about upgrading the ram from the brand new 2x4gb 2666mhz to 2x8 3200mhz and hoping that it would fix the issue since my ryzen feeds off of high speed ram.

Current specs:
b450 a pro max
SAPPHIRE PULSE RX 580 4G G5 gpu
2x4gb 2666mhz corsair vengeance
ryzen 5 3600 , 3.6mhz

since this is really hard to explain ill add 2 videos explaining everything thats wrong

1st vid , the freezing example :

View: https://youtu.be/s7LdCnk_ihg

Every time me stopping in this video after the first alt tab is the game freezing. Issue happens in every game.

2nd example , beeping :

View: https://youtu.be/eBALKbrOIkc

Thats all , thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
The build is not from scratch , carried over gpu and both drives , didnt reinstall windows.
Reinstall Windows.
The OS itself isn't reliable enough at flushing out the drivers and registry files for your old cpu and motherboard.

The maximum that i caught memory usage was just a little over 6gb , i havent checked the usage during the lag spikes though.
Yeah, that can definitely cause hiccups in your gameplay. Check usage when the spikes happen.

Tecnoware500W , dont know the exact model but from what i could find my brother probably bought it for 20€ , carried over from an older case (no wonder its causing a power outage in my room , thats also the reason im so late to responding lol)
Oof. Not a great psu to be...

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
1)Is this a build from scratch, or did you carry over your C drive from your old system? If it's the latter, did you reinstall Windows afterwards?

2)Check your memory usage. If all you have is 8GBs, you may be maxing it out, or darn close to it.
Memory and storage are a little funny. You never truly want to use it all, or your system ends up slowing down, or having frequent 'hiccups'.

3)Make and model of the power supply?

4)In the first video, on the taskbar, what is the app between Google Chrome and Origin Launcher that appears to be downloading something?

5)Sorry, I've no idea about the beeping. Some software you installed, perhaps?
It reminds me of when I hold the left shift key down too long, thus turning on Sticky Keys... but it doesn't sound quite like that.

exDeee

Commendable
Jun 18, 2017
1)Is this a build from scratch, or did you carry over your C drive from your old system? If it's the latter, did you reinstall Windows afterwards?

2)Check your memory usage. If all you have is 8GBs, you may be maxing it out, or darn close to it.
Memory and storage are a little funny. You never truly want to use it all, or your system ends up slowing down, or having frequent 'hiccups'.

3)Make and model of the power supply?

4)In the first video, on the taskbar, what is the app between Google Chrome and Origin Launcher that appears to be downloading something?

5)Sorry, I've no idea about the beeping. Some software you installed, perhaps?
It reminds me of when I hold the left shift key down too long, thus turning on Sticky Keys... but it doesn't sound quite like that.
The build is not from scratch , carried over gpu and both drives , didnt reinstall windows.

The maximum that i caught memory usage was just a little over 6gb , i havent checked the usage during the lag spikes though.

Tecnoware500W , dont know the exact model but from what i could find my brother probably bought it for 20€ , carried over from an older case (no wonder its causing a power outage in my room , thats also the reason im so late to responding lol)

That is CoreTemp , it keeps track of current and max cpu temp , just to make sure the freezing wasnt from overheating it was running at the time , i use it during benchmarks.

About the beeping idk , have to wait for someone who does.

Edit : i was wondering if it would be possible that this terrible psu wasnt giving my ram enough power to perform as it should , is that possible?

Thanks for the reply

Last edited:

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Reinstall Windows.
The OS itself isn't reliable enough at flushing out the drivers and registry files for your old cpu and motherboard.

Yeah, that can definitely cause hiccups in your gameplay. Check usage when the spikes happen.

Oof. Not a great psu to be running an RX 580 on...

That is CoreTemp , it keeps track of current and max cpu temp , just to make sure the freezing wasnt from overheating it was running at the time , i use it during benchmarks.
Ok. I'm familiar with the app, but have never used it before.

Reactions: exDeee
Solution

exDeee

Commendable
Jun 18, 2017
Reinstall Windows.
Ok , ill do this today probably. Thanks

Ill do it now and probably add a pic

Oof. Not a great psu to be running an RX 580 on...
Should i upgrade it? I mean i obviously need to upgrade it because it causing bloody power outages in my room lol , anyway i think that this psu would be future proof enough
https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/product...d-semi-modular-atx-power-supply-cp-9020132-na
probably for the soon to be announced 5600xt as well

Alright ill just check ram usage during the spikes now.
Edit : https://ibb.co/zPwLKth , ram usage seems to be at around 5400mb , so not that bad i think , the 6gb usage was in rust.
Thanks

Last edited:

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador

exDeee

Commendable
Jun 18, 2017
I'm no electrician, but I figure that might be an issue with the wiring behind the wall...
The same wall outlet has been used before but with a more powerful psu (650W) and the power outages never happened with my previous build (different mbu and the cpu was an e5 1607v2). Its not a complete power outage just the outlets in my room dont work , and the safety fuse needs to be flipped for my room.
So i dont think the wall is the problem.
Ill probably reinstall windows now.
Thanks

exDeee

Commendable
Jun 18, 2017
I stand corrected then.
Proceed...
Alright the fresh W10 is installed , but before i try games should i install motherboard drivers the same way i did with gpu drivers? Ive never really installed motherboard drivers , only once after getting the new pc parts i installed a newer bios and mbu drivers.
Thanks