Question Game freezes and getting green screen during gameplay with GTX 970 ?

swapnil_7

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2015
Hey guys, I hope everyone is doing well!

When I'm playing any high GPU-intensive games the game freezes, the display goes blank or turns green and the system freezes. I have to Alt + Ctrl + Del (5-10 times) to get the task manager and end the game. This happens after 2-3 minutes inside a game. It happens will almost all of the games. CS GO and Dota run fine for some time, but it also happens to them. I think there might be an issue with my GPU based on the error. Thoughts?

Here is the error in EventViewer logs:
The description for Event ID 0 from source nvlddmkm cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

\Device\Video3
Restarting TDR occurred on GPUID:200

The message resource is present but the message was not found in the message table
What I did so far?
Reinstalled the game, updated the GPU drivers, reinstalled an old version of the GPU driver, and unplugged and replugged the GPU and RAM = no luck :(

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here is my rig configuration (built it back in Dec 2015):
Intel core i7-6700k 4.0 Ghz
MSI z170 M7
RAM: G.skill Ripjaws V 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4
Gigabyte Nvidia GTX970 G1 Gaming edition 4GB
Samsung Evo 500 gb Nvme SSD
Seagate HDD, 2TB
Cooler Master Haf X

TRENDING THREADS