Game freezes on new pc

xanorigg

Prominent
Jan 27, 2018
Hey i builded my pc a while ago and when i'm playing my screen might freeze for 2-3 sec and that gets me killed... I think i have downloaded every drivers expect the bios, should that been done?
9YLTu
EDIT: tried to add pic but didin't work.... https://imgur.com/a/9YLTu

xanorigg

Prominent
Jan 27, 2018

Yes W10, When playing might go 40-45C but i have cheap thermal paste right now but going to swap that asap!

I'm not playing gta v. (specs in imgur link)

xanorigg

Prominent
Jan 27, 2018

Oh alright, i went and select properties but i didin't see anything about intel :eek: This is around 2 week old pc and already having problems :(

xanorigg

Prominent
Jan 27, 2018

How i can check if it is up to date? Do you mean bios drivers or only update? im stupid :D Okay i will try that, and the game is fortnite where the freezes happen. I've only tested league of legends and no problems in that game. Havent had time to test every game, only these 2. Thanks already ;)

xanorigg

Prominent
Jan 27, 2018

Ohhh.... What i've read online i got that idea that there is bios drivers, dont believe everything you see on internet :D And i read something that you should not update bios if that is not needed and you can somehow damage your pc by updating? What is correct way to do it? I tho i knew alot bout computers but guess not :d

xanorigg

Prominent
Jan 27, 2018

Okay i should handle that, able to do it tomorrow because i have to buy usb. I let you know if it worked! If you dont hear anything i probably broke the pc :D thx bruh

xanorigg

Prominent
Jan 27, 2018

okay thank you very much! :)

xanorigg

Prominent
Jan 27, 2018

Btw do you happen to know why my disc takes 99% sometimes example im doing a virus scan? is that normal.

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!

NO! You need to cut it with the dangerous and wrong advice. What you said here is completely not true and in fact only higher end boards have that type of feature. You need to stop with this ex MS developer charade, someone may actually trust your awful and spurious advice.

While I agree especially these days BIOS upgrades are not that big of a deal, telling someone don't worry about anything because there is a nonexistent backup, is garbage advice.

Especially since "nowadays" there are a hell of a lot of people still running systems from 7, 10, 12 years ago or more.

We have a ton of people that come here with systems they just "builded" and turns out that it was all spare parts, core2duo, Pentium 4, etc., that was scraped together from discarded parts and using old ass motherboards that for CERTAIN don't have secondary BIOS.

Even a lot of budget or business class boards from the last few generations lack them.

Especially if they are cheap OEM models. :pfff:

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!

Could be a combination of things.

Excessive disc usage during a virus scan can often be caused by a virus, it can also be because your virus scanner is corrupted. Is it an older hard drive?

Other than running a virus scan does it behave normally (only running when you're accessing data)?

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!

Again, no they do not. Go to ANY of the major manufacturers websites and look through their boards. Heck even my very expensive Crosshair VI hero doesn't have it (but it does thankfully have BIOS flashback).

I never disagreed with you that updating the BIOS (especially on a Ryzen based system) was a good idea, it is definitely a good one. But there are risks of course and telling people that "every motherboard can switch to a backup BIOS is COMPLETELY wrong. And i stressed this because its not the first time youve given such poor advice.

So you clearly could have looked this up before telling him the board has a feature it clearly does not have.

Again, if you're going to post here, know your subject matter.

They DO have it on their boards. On some of them anyhow. They do NOT have it on all of them. None of the board partners incorporates dualBIOS on ALL of their boards, which is why he said to be sure. EVERY specific board model, especially if it is a lower quality board where they likely may have cut some corners and left some features off in order to make the board affordable, needs to be verified before just saying "well, it's a Gigabyte board from this gen, so it has it", because that won't always be true.

At least as recently as Kaby lake, it wasn't. For Coffee Lake, it remains to be seen because they haven't even released the business or budget chipsets yet, but I'd be willing to bet there are at least a few Z370 boards at the bottom of the pile without it. In fact, I'm pretty much 100% positive that the Gigabyte Z370p-D3 does not have dual bios, and I'm sure there are others as well.

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!

Completely makes sense, you have a different brand board than he has so it must have the same features, and when called on it, you then insist that you are correct. As I said, know your subject matter, youre dealing with other peoples systems, and money here. If he messed up his board who is paying to fix it? Not you.

xanorigg

Prominent
Jan 27, 2018

It should not be old, Kingston 240GB A400 SSD. Yes when not doing scan it acts normally

xanorigg

Prominent
Jan 27, 2018

Do you happen to know what may cause the freeze? it might be 5 second :O should i update bios? i have b350 plus

I would probably update the bios so long as the trouble only happens when you are running a scan. If you don't have any issues when you are not in windows, as in, when you are in the bios, then it should be fine. I would also check the motherboard page to see if there are updated chipset, network adapter, or other drivers available that might be part of the problem.

xanorigg

Prominent
Jan 27, 2018

i have downloaded every drivers avaible, i mean could the bios update fix the freezing problem?

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!
Because of all the updates Ryzen has had since release, updating the BIOS is a very good idea. I have used that exact same board and CPU combo to build a system for my aunt and did not run into any of these issues. I also updated the BIOS to the newest version. So yes thats the first thing I suggest.

Then lets work from there.

xanorigg

Prominent
Jan 27, 2018

Okay how should i do it?

xanorigg

Prominent
Jan 27, 2018