Game freezing with loud buzzing sound

diamondcrafter66

Prominent
Jan 15, 2018
So i built a PC that is meant to handle higher end games about 4 Days ago and every day i have been staying up all night literally trying over and over to resolve this i have tried many things ill give my Specs below but it is very concerning now im no expert so im looking for help and i have a game that makes a perfect example of this issue Dying light i get to the menu not even in the game i made it in twice but it did the same thing every time the buzzing will start than it will lock up on me than my audio will go back to normal but than maybe 2 seconds after itll buzz again than my display will go black itll either restart my pc by its self or make me reset it using the reset button on the front now i have been told it could be audio drivers it could be GPU IRQ sharing that creates the issue now i wanna fix this asap while i have time im going back to school soon and i cant afford to order parts after i go back for reasons so if someone could help me that would be amazing now ive tried playing 3D games just to see if thats it and it seems to be the case because it doesnt do it with terraria but it does it with Minecraft and Dying light i am about to test it on Doom but i am capable of playing Valve games for hours at a time with no problem.

Specs:
Mobo: AM4 MSI B350M Gaming Pro
Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 1400
Video Card: Gigabyte GTX 1050 Ti
Wifi Adapter: TP LINK 300Mbps N PCI
Ram: Crucial 8GB DDR4
Storage: (Used in my old Laptop) Seagate 500GB HDD
Power Supply: 80 Plus Thermaltake Smart RGB Series 600W

Sorry Its so long just not a very comforting issue to have on a new thousand dollar pc i doubt its over heating because i watch my tempts and there is no OverClocking.

Your system is unstable and in so is crashing, we need to find out what is causing this.

You mentioned your using your old HDD from your laptop, buy a new HDD. They only cost £40-50 for a 1TB 7200rpm one. You could get a 5200rpm instead but yes it will be quieter but also slower than the higher 7200rpm one. I'm presuming your current one is 5200rpm as it was a laptop one.

Also run Prime95 and choose the setting on the main start window that forces your components to use their max consumption. If you leave it a while and the PC crashes you have a power issue.

diamondcrafter66

Prominent
Jan 15, 2018

its 7200 Rpm but ill try running that now thanks and i was thinking that it could be the HDD also thats max power consumption yes

diamondcrafter66

Prominent
Jan 15, 2018

Ive Been running it for maybe 2 hours now and no issues yet hasnt frozen nothing no buzzing but i think it is the psu just because i did kinda skimp out on it and looked for a more flashy than functioning psu so i might do that ill buy a new one and a new HDD and see where that gets me but i wont skimp out this time

diamondcrafter66

Prominent
Jan 15, 2018

well i was going to purchase another psu anyway because im also building for my little brother because im moving countries so ill get a new one just to help out with it ill grab a new HDD than and ill tell you how it goes thanks again

Cool cool, keep us posted!

diamondcrafter66

Prominent
Jan 15, 2018

okay so i just made a discovery while i was using MSI After Burner i had my core clock on 0 my fan on 100 and power limit on 104 it was getting more out of games i could play for longer but it still did it so i dropped my core clock to -73 and ive been able to play doom for the last hour or so no issues except for the little lag here and there not sure if this info may help or not but hey

diamondcrafter66

Prominent
Jan 15, 2018
So I ran a few test with my Dads pc it's its the video card sadly so I'm gonna get it sent back I'm going to get a new one sent to me I used my Dads video card to launch a game it kinda ran too laggy in my opinion to play but it did not crash within 30 seconds of seeing the main menu thank you for your help