Feb 19, 2018
Hello Guys I have These PC
1.Proccesor Intel i5-8400
2.Graphic Card GTX 1070 8gb
3.Ram 8 gb
4.Hard Drive 512ssd and 512 hdd
5.motherboard Asus Prime H370M- Plus
and Display Alienware 25 Gaming Monitor - AW2518H
so problem is that before i bought this display i was playing everything that could my GPU run on 60 fps with no problem and since i bought this games started to freeze and shut down with some directx errors does anybody know whats the problem and how to fix it? Thanks

Solution
3.Ram 8 gb
so problem is that before i bought this display i was playing everything that could my GPU run on 60 fps with no problem and since i bought this games started to freeze and shut down with some directx errors does anybody know whats the problem and how to fix it? Thanks

Hi @imanukiani,

The new monitor has nothing to do with your game(s) freezing or DirectX errors popping up I'm afraid.

You of course have the newest drivers for everything correct?

When was the last time you reinstalled Windows?

What are your...

Mrgr74

Reputable
BANNED
3.Ram 8 gb

Hi @imanukiani,

The new monitor has nothing to do with your game(s) freezing or DirectX errors popping up I'm afraid.

You of course have the newest drivers for everything correct?

When was the last time you reinstalled Windows?

What are your temps? (Install Precision X1 or MSI Afterburner to monitor and adjust fan speeds) Do you have any case fans?

Whats your PSU?

When you plugged in the new monitor, did you perhaps bump the cards backing as you were plugging it in or push too hard? With your system off and you grounded, (touch something metal) unplug the power cord from your PSU and then press & hold the power switch for 5 seconds. Now remove the side panel on your case and do a quick visual inspection inside to make sure everything is as it should be. If you aren't sure what it should look like, take a pic for us to look at &/or have a friend check for you. If you know how or are comfortable, remove the GPU from your mobo and reinstall it, making sure not to wiggle it too much back & forth. Look at where it plugs into your mobo. Make sure it goes down into your PCIe slot evenly. Reconnect all power cables and ensure they are completely connected.

Are you overclocking your CPU or GPU? If so, reset back to stock speeds.

Which DX errors are popping up? Let us know which errors you're getting and we'll help you solve them.

Last edited:
Solution

imanukiani

Commendable
Feb 19, 2018
i dissabled overcloking of GPU as per my friend i was told that it would help bring FPS higher so i had always overclocked and as i dissabled it im playing Dying light for 30 minutes without problem before it was crashing in like 10 minutes or belove Thanks for you help if anything like that occures can i post it here?

Mrgr74

Reputable
BANNED
i dissabled overcloking of GPU as per my friend i was told that it would help bring FPS higher so i had always overclocked and as i dissabled it im playing Dying light for 30 minutes without problem before it was crashing in like 10 minutes or belove Thanks for you help if anything like that occures can i post it here?

Of course. :)
Let us know how things go and keep an eye on your temps!

Dying Light is a great game btw. Enjoy.