Question Game graphic settings question

HerEyeSin

Reputable
Feb 19, 2019
So I’m debating getting a 2080 ti or 2080. My goal is to achieve close to 240 if not more at 1080p. I’ve never used a PC and played games on it. When I lower my graphic settings from say ultra to high or medium what’s the average increase on frames

alithegreat

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2013
Hello,
Just to clarify, you want to achieve 240fps right?
On which game or games? That detail question can only answered after that. (required)
That resolution will be mostly depending on CPU by the way so you should pick your games and look for benchmarks.
Possibly the best single threaded performance will be required ( 9700k i guess)
Also remember that you will need a 240Hz monitor for that.
Most new releases are very poorly optimized (Day one patches lol) so 240 fps may be hard to get on most titles be prepared for disappointment.

HerEyeSin

Reputable
Feb 19, 2019
Hello,
Just to clarify, you want to achieve 240fps right?
On which game or games? That detail question can only answered after that. (required)
That resolution will be mostly depending on CPU by the way so you should pick your games and look for benchmarks.
Possibly the best single threaded performance will be required ( 9700k i guess)
Also remember that you will need a 240Hz monitor for that.
Most new releases are very poorly optimized (Day one patches lol) so 240 fps may be hard to get on most titles be prepared for disappointment.
I plan on playing FPS mostly. I just need to if reduceing graphics settings actually increases FPS a decent amount. I ask because in comparisons between 2080 and 2080ti the TI was just about 10-25 frames higher on ultra settings on all display sizes.
This is my buildhttps://pcpartpicker.com/list/dctmcY
So then my questions is : when lowering graphics settings would I see an increase of about 20 frames or more on say rainbow 6, or insurgency sandstorm

I plan on playing FPS mostly. I just need to if reduceing graphics settings actually increases FPS a decent amount. I ask because in comparisons between 2080 and 2080ti the TI was just about 10-25 frames higher on ultra settings on all display sizes.
This is my buildhttps://pcpartpicker.com/list/dctmcY
So then my questions is : when lowering graphics settings would I see an increase of about 20 frames or more on say rainbow 6, or insurgency sandstorm

After you build it play with the settings until you get the FPS you want.

The 9900K with a RTX 2080Ti will give you most you can get currently.