Game instalment stuck on updating components registration

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noone important

Reputable
Jul 19, 2015
I have bought a digital copy of Borderlands Game Of The Year edition a few weeks ago. I decided to instal it yesterday and it worked fine. The instalation started up and went good until it came to updating components registration, it got stuck there. Left it for an hour but it was still the same. Tried instaling batman arkham city and the same thing happened. Anyone familiar with this problem and a fix for it?

Solution
sorry not install ''uninstall'' it - ya like crisis for me takes a long wile and like you I sometimes gave up if something else I needed to do ...

its like Microsoft is sabotaging stuff. its like if you had anything that fully worked with out issues before it dont as well now ??? I never had any issues with these things before with xp and vista and seemed like early on with this 7 ?? now its like pulling teeth or just something

I hate to think what of my stuff I would loose if I moved off 7 to 8 -8.1 or 10 cause its not getting for the better

for what I understand it a windows thing that it cant find/ make a temp folder ? I get this as well and just let it sit there until it overcomes it when you google that ''updating components registration'' its funny how most games that show up are the ones I have the iissue with as well

look for these updates and if you got them uninstall and retry

http://forums.anandtech.com/showthread.php?t=2428633

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2918614

for me I just walk away and let it sit there it will finely load up -- theres been a lot of crap up dates from Microsoft that been affecting a few things to the point I can trust any updates I get from them with out checking each one before I download it or install it

Noone important

Reputable
Jul 19, 2015

Thanks on the reply, I tried instaling the update but it seems it is already instaled. Should I just leave it to instal for a few hours and hope for the best?

sorry not install ''uninstall'' it - ya like crisis for me takes a long wile and like you I sometimes gave up if something else I needed to do ...

its like Microsoft is sabotaging stuff. its like if you had anything that fully worked with out issues before it dont as well now ??? I never had any issues with these things before with xp and vista and seemed like early on with this 7 ?? now its like pulling teeth or just something

I hate to think what of my stuff I would loose if I moved off 7 to 8 -8.1 or 10 cause its not getting for the better

Solution

Noone important

Reputable
Jul 19, 2015

Borderlands worked after having it sit there for an hour or two, but for Batman Arkham City i had to delete the update
I have encoutered another problem with the games, but that is not on my part and have sent the support sites a ticket. Thanks on the help

anon1452

Commendable
Sep 15, 2016
For the Windows 10 Users:

I had this Problem installing Singularity.
What worked for me was copying the CD to a Folder and then setting compatability mode to Vista SP2 and then i ran the setup as Administrator.

Status
Not open for further replies.