Question Game is Crahsing caused by faulty RAM or Mainboard?

Nov 10, 2019
Hello Everyone.

I built a new PC on the beginning of that year but getting in Destiny 2 and other Games frequently crashes which I have no idea what they are caused by.

But before I start here are the specs of my built:
ComponentType
CPUIntel Core i5-9600K
MainboardMSI MPG Z390 Gaming Plus (with newst Firmware)
GPUAsus Strix NV RTX 2070
RAMCorsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB)

So far I have done the following:
SoftwareResult
3DMarkAll Tests run without problems, temperature has been OK
Intel Extreme Tuning Utility1h Stresstest caused no problems, temperature has been OK
Intel CPU Diagnoses ToolNo problem was found

Till here everything looks good.
A friend of mine recommended me Memtest to check the RAM. And here it gets a bit strange. On the Mainboard I have four slots marked A1, A2, B1, B2, where x1 and x2 can be run as dual channel and according to the manual A2 and B2 are the preffered slots to install the ram to.
So I marked my RAM Modules and the modules together and as well as single in pretty much every slot.
Result: There are at least one error in every combination (Error looks something like "Should be FFFFF, is FFFFFA". The values to vary a bit (pun not intendet)). Which leads me to the following question:

Can it be that both RAM Modules are broken, or is it rather the Mainboard which is faulty? I currently dont have any other RAM Modules to test that.

Or is there something else wrong which I havent seen?
I did also activate the XMP Settings in the Bios to accompany the settings of Corsair.

Greetings,
Benji

Nov 10, 2019
The game crashs, so no blue screen. In Destiny 2, which I play the most, it is always some "Scan & Repair" thing, where a file is corrupted and has to be replaced. At least in the time of Blizzard/Activision. Now on Steam the file dont has to be replaced that often.

yashchokshi

Reputable
Oct 29, 2015
try reinstalling the game again and check for direct x

its not a hardware issue it could be your game, steam , or windows files may be corrupted hardware issue may cause system instability in this case your game is crashing it can also be your graphic card try reinstalling drivers and update your drivers

Last edited:
Nov 10, 2019
What if done as well before that:
  • reinstalled the game several times
  • reinstalled the graphics driver
  • did a clean install of the graphics driver
  • run it as admin
  • updatet every driver I know of
So this should cover your thoughts what could work. It is also fairly strange as I run the game for a week or so without problems, and then I have two crashes druing one hour.

yashchokshi

Reputable
Oct 29, 2015
ok we can try this clean your ram with a eraser rub the induction part the gold one and try
if problem still persist than look for full pc scan look viruses malware at last try reinstalling windows .
installing windows can clear many things if your problem do not go away corrupt registry might also effect your gaming. if crashes still occur try changing ram motherboard for troubleshooting exact problem. i am sure reinstalling windows will solve your problem

yashchokshi

Reputable
Oct 29, 2015
What if done as well before that:
  • reinstalled the game several times
  • reinstalled the graphics driver
  • did a clean install of the graphics driver
  • run it as admin
  • updatet every driver I know of
So this should cover your thoughts what could work. It is also fairly strange as I run the game for a week or so without problems, and then I have two crashes druing one hour.
and please let me know what event id shown after your game is crashed. you can check by just typing event viewer and report any abnormal activity after your game is crashed. it can be helpfull