Question Game keeps minimizing back to desktop at the same time each day

cjhill44

Reputable
Jul 21, 2017
Hi,

I run in Windows 10.

I also participate in an online sim racing league every Mondays and Wednesdays using NASCAR Racing 2003 season

Over the past 2 weeks I have been experiencing a strange situation where at 20:56 exactly, my game will go black screen for a few seconds before returning me to the desktop. I can get back into the game by clicking the icon in the taskbar but this is an extremely frustating situation. It only seems to do this when running this game.

Initially I thought it could be because I have recently also installed iRacing and the client was still running.

I have been running 'enditall' which is supposed to close all background programs. I have firewall off, notifications off.

The fact that it's happening at exactly the same time of day makes me think my PC is trying to run some sort of background process at this time each day,

When looking at the task manager there are a lot of processes running in the background but how would I know which ones might be causing this?

Any ideas because I have tried everything I can think of?

cjhill44

Reputable
Jul 21, 2017
OK, i have looked through both of these and nothing stands out as trying to run at 20:56, unless of course the offending program has tried to run again since then. Yet whatever is causing this issue is set to trigger at the same time, hmm