Game lag Spikes [Please help..]

beinik6

Respectable
Nov 12, 2017
Okey hi,

Please read the whole thread if you really want to help me!

So, good day all.

I'm struggling with a Problem for a certain time now and dont know anything more to fix it..

The Problem is, that I have "stutter" or "lag/micro spikes" in many games.

The Games where it happens most:
- PUBG
- Fortnite

My System:
- CPU: Amd Ryzen 5 1600x OC 3,95GhZ
- GPU: GTX 1060 Zotac AMP 6GB
- RAM: Corsair Vengeance 2x8GB 3000MhZ
- MOBO: Gigabyte AB-Gaming 350 1.0
- PSU: be quiet! Pure Power 10 600W

What I have already tried:
- Re/installed ALL DRIVERS
- Reinstalled Games
- Put Games on SSD (stutter was not really better, just load times)
- Still, got a new 1TB HDD, still stutter
- Chaning settings in game does not help
- Tried steam start options
- Checked for CPU/GPU temps
- Virus scans
- Turned of most proccesses in background

What I dont have done yet:
- Reinstalled windows (I did, but not on this system yet, also I dont think it will help that much)
- Tell me what I can do more

Some rest information:
- Windows 10 on SSD
- Games on 1TB HDD 7200RPM from Seagate
- I got a good internet connection, but that should not even cause spikes if i had a bad one.
- Spikes dont happen in all games. Most in those I mentaniod above.
- smth like overwatch/rainbow six siege/gta5 run smooth
- In PUBG and I think also in Fortnite, my GPU is at 100% load, or 99 in taskmanager..

So, you see I have tried alot and im greatful for any help that I can still get.
If you still need more informations, ask me.

Solution
PUBG is a notoriously badly programmed game, as you can read if you check any of the many performance reviews that are out there. The game is so poorly coded that even with extremely potent hardware, PCs struggle to keep up. While you have very good hardware (both CPU and GPU are more than OK), it can't do magic over poor coding. That's why you get bad results in games such as PUBG, while on most others you have no problem at all. This problem is out of your control, i'm afraid...
PUBG is a notoriously badly programmed game, as you can read if you check any of the many performance reviews that are out there. The game is so poorly coded that even with extremely potent hardware, PCs struggle to keep up. While you have very good hardware (both CPU and GPU are more than OK), it can't do magic over poor coding. That's why you get bad results in games such as PUBG, while on most others you have no problem at all. This problem is out of your control, i'm afraid...

Solution