Game lag when gaming mouse moves

theyogling

Honorable
May 10, 2013
Hello,

I have a Rat7 gaming mouse wich I use to play games with, but recently i noticed that when i moved my mouse, even for an inch or so, my game lags (this includes CS:GO,MW2,BO2, shooters in general, but not other games like minecraft).
The lag is from ~70 to ~10 FPS

I have searched alot on this forum looking for an answer but i just can't find one.
I redownloaded drivers, put the mouse in and out again, back of computer USB, front, ETC.
But when i use a crappy logitech wireless mouse it's allright again.

Here are my specs

operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.120830-0333)
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E8400 @ 3.00GHz (2 CPUs), ~3.0GHz
Memory: 4096MB RAM
Card name: ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series

i hope you can help me
Regards

Solution
I had the same trouble. The possible solutions I found were:
NOTE: You need to do all steps
1. Download MarkC Mouse Accel Fix and patch your system with it. (Instructions to patch are available at the download link itself)
2. Type 'msconfig' in your search bar at the windows menu. Then go to services and startup (both) and disable the unnecessary programs that you dont need.
3. Use iObit Gamebooster 3 to defragment your game folder. (only iobit not the razer gamebooster) (google it). Use gamebooster always before launching your game.
4. Go to mouse settings in control panel. Then go to pointer options. There keep your windows sensitivity at 6 and disable 'Enhance pointer precision'.
5. Disable Vsync ingame.
:) Hope it help gg

rgbimbochamp

Honorable
May 1, 2013
I had the same trouble. The possible solutions I found were:
NOTE: You need to do all steps
1. Download MarkC Mouse Accel Fix and patch your system with it. (Instructions to patch are available at the download link itself)
2. Type 'msconfig' in your search bar at the windows menu. Then go to services and startup (both) and disable the unnecessary programs that you dont need.
3. Use iObit Gamebooster 3 to defragment your game folder. (only iobit not the razer gamebooster) (google it). Use gamebooster always before launching your game.
4. Go to mouse settings in control panel. Then go to pointer options. There keep your windows sensitivity at 6 and disable 'Enhance pointer precision'.
5. Disable Vsync ingame.
:) Hope it help gg

Solution

theyogling

Honorable
May 10, 2013

yeah, i got razer gamebooster, but i can't download the Iobit one anymore

theyogling

Honorable
May 10, 2013

Also do i need to defrag my steam game folder then?

rgbimbochamp

Honorable
May 1, 2013

Google iobit gamebooster 3 and you'll find a download link for sure....And using it defragment the game folder not the steam folder..... gg

denniskimsey

Reputable
Jul 12, 2014

try this site. it helped me immensly!!! https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2907016