[SOLVED] Game looks/feels bad at 100 FPS on a 144HZ monitor ?

n9neman

Honorable
Aug 2, 2014
So, I have a 144hz Monitor, a sceptre c248b-144r to be exact. When im playing certain games (Not all games, I dont think anyway) if the fps gets to like 100 or 110 it starts to look TERRIBLE. Like, it looks and feels like im in 50 fps when i look around and stuff. I dont know if its simply my monitor or something else? I've checked to make sure I have 144hz turned on in display, and I've tried both freesync being on and freesync being off. The only two things I personally can think of, is the monitor being meh, or using Freesync on an nvidia pc isn't great? Not sure. Thoughts anyone?

Solution
This monitor only supports freesync is what I was saying, so I was wondering if that alone is the reason this could be happening? Is the solution as simple as buying a gsync monitor?
NVIDIA GPUs support Freesync, but it's in the same place as where you'd enable GSync. See:
2019-01-16-image-8.jpg

Make sure "Enable settings for selected display model" is checked.

Iver Hicarte

Distinguished
May 7, 2016
So, I have a 144hz Monitor, a sceptre c248b-144r to be exact. When im playing certain games (Not all games, I dont think anyway) if the fps gets to like 100 or 110 it starts to look TERRIBLE. Like, it looks and feels like im in 50 fps when i look around and stuff. I dont know if its simply my monitor or something else? I've checked to make sure I have 144hz turned on in display, and I've tried both freesync being on and freesync being off. The only two things I personally can think of, is the monitor being meh, or using Freesync on an nvidia pc isn't great? Not sure. Thoughts anyone?
Freesync is for AMD cards, NVidia has g-sync, locate the vsync setting turn that off then try turning on g-sync. Sometimes the basic settings can be overlooked.

Regards.

n9neman

Honorable
Aug 2, 2014
Freesync is for AMD cards, NVidia has g-sync, locate the vsync setting turn that off then try turning on g-sync. Sometimes the basic settings can be overlooked.

Regards.
This monitor only supports freesync is what I was saying, so I was wondering if that alone is the reason this could be happening? Is the solution as simple as buying a gsync monitor?

n9neman

Honorable
Aug 2, 2014
Well. That solved that problem. Now, i get brightness flickering with freesync being enabled. Its instantly fixed when turning it off. Does this indicate a faulty gpu or a faulty monitor?
(In case anyone says to just enable vsync, id rather not due to input lag, also it doesnt fix it anyway)

Well. That solved that problem. Now, i get brightness flickering with freesync being enabled. Its instantly fixed when turning it off. Does this indicate a faulty gpu or a faulty monitor?
(In case anyone says to just enable vsync, id rather not due to input lag, also it doesnt fix it anyway)
It's most likely the display. Not every FreeSync monitor is going to work well with an NVIDIA GPU.